shape
carat
color
clarity

Are diamond Prices HIGHER during Christmas and Valentines

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost my diamond and I am now getting a check to purchase a new ring. I was just wondering if it would be smarter to make my purchase AFTER Valentine''s? Someone once said the prices are higher during the holiday''s; do you think that is true? If not I will move forward finding something. Thanks for all your help! I just love this website; it is very helpful for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
36.gif

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I have never heard that,I have never noticed it affecting online vendors..

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy.

I know that some B&M stores will have post-Christmas and pre-Valentine''s Day sales. January can be a very good time to buy jewelry from B&M''s. However, internet vendors are a different animal. Diamond prices are linked to the Rapaport Index. Oddly enough, I was in the market around end Oct/beg Nov and noticed a modest diamond price DROP from James Allen - between 3-3.5%. The following week, they went up 0.5%.

I wondered the same thing as you - if there are seasonal increases in prices. I couldn''t find any conclusive evidence to that effect. One thing I did read was that diamond sales are highest in the 4th quarter. Therefore, you may be able to conclude that there is a better SELECTION pre-Christmas. Because prices rarely come down, now might be the best time to buy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results