shape
carat
color
clarity

Are both these ASETs good and comparable?

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
Learning a wealth of information on this forum. Trying to understand ASET and nuances of color and shades of color?

Looking for some feedback on these two ASET. To me they both look good with minute differences that probably don't matter, but being a novice here, what do I know.

diamonda_aset.jpg

diamondb_aset.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nuances of color can just be due to lighting. What you are looking for mainly is white, which is leakage (when the background is white). Those are both good but I guess the second one shows slightly less saturation in the red in the center. However, the differences would probably not translate to visible difference in reality. I would want to know the numbers on both stones and see the actual stone images in order to decide, though. One bit of info is not enough to make a decision.

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
Thanks DiamondSeeker2006, I thought the first diamond might be considered slightly better, mainly because the 8 pointed star formation created by the "green lines" was not as obvious as it is in the second, i.e the green bands are quite a bit thicker in the second diamond. Further the 8 "white tips" connected to the end of points of the green bands were also slightly larger in the second diamond as well, assuming slightly more leakage?

Actual diamond pictures with their respective numbers.

First diamond numbers are 60.9%, 57%, 34, 40.6 with 0.7HCA

Second diamond numbers are 62.4%, 56%, 35, 40.8 with 1.6HCA

_36757.jpg

_36758.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jaycruz|1458320158|4007455 said:
Thanks DiamondSeeker2006, I thought the first diamond might be considered slightly better, mainly because the 8 pointed star formation created by the "green lines" was not as obvious as it is in the second, i.e the green bands are quite a bit thicker in the second diamond. Further the 8 "white tips" connected to the end of points of the green bands were also slightly larger in the second diamond as well, assuming slightly more leakage?

Actual diamond pictures with their respective numbers.

First diamond numbers are 60.9%, 57%, 34, 40.6 with 0.7HCA

Second diamond numbers are 62.4%, 56%, 35, 40.8 with 1.6HCA

If you only want an opinion regarding the ASETs, I think #1 is slightly better, but probably not so much better that you'll be able to tell looking at the stones naked. However, if you want help in deciding which stone to choose there really isn't enough information here. For example, even though stone #1 has better spread because it is shallower, stone #2 might have the bigger diameter or higher color, for the same price.

jaycruz

Rough_Rock
CareBear|1458323407|4007484 said:
If you only want an opinion regarding the ASETs, I think #1 is slightly better, but probably not so much better that you'll be able to tell looking at the stones naked. However, if you want help in deciding which stone to choose there really isn't enough information here. For example, even though stone #1 has better spread because it is shallower, stone #2 might have the bigger diameter or higher color, for the same price.

Thanks CareBear,

The two diamonds in question have the same color, within 0.02 carat of each other, at a little over 1 carat each. First diamond is ever slightly larger by 0.05mm and is VVS1 as opposed to VVS2 for second. Second diamond costs slightly more by $300.

I am trying to read ASETs and see if I'm doing them correctly, as it's definitely less a science than pure numbers.

Of course beauty is subjective in the eye of the beholder, but trying to get as much objective information as possible for diamonds as one is unable to directly compare online diamonds directly against each other in real world environments.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaycruz|1458327258|4007508 said:
CareBear|1458323407|4007484 said:

Thanks CareBear,

The two diamonds in question have the same color, within 0.02 carat of each other, at a little over 1 carat each. First diamond is ever slightly larger by 0.05mm and is VVS1 as opposed to VVS2 for second. Second diamond costs slightly more by $300.

I am trying to read ASETs and see if I'm doing them correctly, as it's definitely less a science than pure numbers.

Of course beauty is subjective in the eye of the beholder, but trying to get as much objective information as possible for diamonds as one is unable to directly compare online diamonds directly against each other in real world environments.

For me, it is #1. No brainer.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

piano

Rough_Rock
Grab the #1.
G/VVS1, 0.05 bigger, better ASET look, cheaper <= get it, no brainer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results