shape
carat
color
clarity

Are any of these winners?

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
Looking for an upgrade to my engagement ring stone. I have looked at so many diamonds online that I am overwhelmed. It will be going in this setting (white gold).
8E4C8619-C615-4C12-BD53-79E7424793FA.jpeg 660495F7-D717-44F7-BE83-E6919BC7DFE1.jpeg
The stone pictured on top is a 2.5 ct. and the only inventory they had in store for size reference that was over 1ct. The ring is a 4.5 but I am sizing it up to a size 5 as it has been tight. I want something substantial but not too large. I first picked a 9mm 2.71ct but then started to worry it would look to large. I bought calipers to get a feel of sizes, but it is still hard to envision.
Do any of these stones look good? Any suggestion on size? Will 2.7ish look much larger than 2.5 or 2.3ish?
The 2.5ct I found on another website for more than $1k less but I can’t get an ASET image. How does the color look on all these? The 2.5ct looks the whitest to me but maybe it’s just the videos.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would always go with a GCAL 8X vs an IGI for the peace of mind. I feel better seeing the advanced images of the GCAL cert. I think the whiteness is the lighting/background vs actual significant differences.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 2.53. It seems like a happy medium between the 2.36 and a 2.7. And I agree with lovedogs, I would go with a GCAL 8x over an IGI.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 2.53. It seems like a happy medium between the 2.36 and a 2.7. And I agree with lovedogs, I would go with a GCAL 8x over an IGI.

I agree that the 2.53 is a good size compromise between the two while also being well cut

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, Jewelseeker!
Take a look at Frank Darling...they often have the same GCAL 8X diamonds as Adiamor, but usually at a better price point.

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, Jewelseeker!
Take a look at Frank Darling...they often have the same GCAL 8X diamonds as Adiamor, but usually at a better price point.

Oh, thanks! I actually did a try on kit from them when I couldn’t decide between oval or round.

Jewelseeker

Rough_Rock
Does the color of the 2.53 look okay? I can’t tell if it has a brownish/yellowish tint or it’s just my screen. All these look different depending on which device I view them on.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the color of the 2.53 look okay? I can’t tell if it has a brownish/yellowish tint or it’s just my screen. All these look different depending on which device I view them on.

It does look a little more tinted than the F, but not overly so. There's also a video on GCAL's website.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results