shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine signature pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I have one more thing I''ve been brewing that I want to share. It''s an aquamarine pendant, made by Sally at Heart of Water Jewels. The aqua is one of my first purchases in gemstones, and one of my favorites. It glows in low lighting, I can''t wait to see it, it hasn''t been sent my way yet.

The aqua is very included, but the color is gorgeous.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Picture head on, it even has a surface reaching inclusion, but did survive setting

Here are its details:

Weight: 7.96 Cts
Size: 15.60 x 11.30 x 8.10 mm
Shape: Cushion
Cut: Checker Board
1.gif

aquastraighton.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Glowing in its box, with a pal.

aqua_and_spinel10.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Showing the cut. Checkerboard is not my favorite, but I loooooooooooove this stone.

aquabackview.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Then the pendant and Sally''s accompanying text:

Here is your personalized pendant setting, featuring your faceted cushion cut aquamarine. We''ve crafted your setting with a Lotus motif on each side (symbol of purity and ability to blossom in adversity), and on the top and bottom have carved the Adinkra symbol, "Love Never Loses Its Way Home."

Sigh. Just sumptuous.

il_430xN.76961794.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
And another view.

I''ll post neck shots once I have it. Thanks for letting me share.

il_430xN.76961810.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW look at the colour! It almost looks like an Apatite it''s so blue! I love the setting and that it''s an East/West. Did Sally take any front, head on shots, that you can share?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
She did, but said the inclusions look huge, so I opted out on seeing them. It stings to wait, but I prefer it this way. I want to see the pendant first with my own eyes. I don''t know if you''ve noticed how huge everything looks in their pictures, I was really surprised at how detailed and petite things are once I saw them in real life.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
and thank you for the compliment, I love that blue too :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That pendant will certainly make a statement! Sally did a lovely job on it. How long until it gets to you??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, can we get a face on shot of the aqua in the setting. It's beautiful.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey I just saw that pendant on her etsy site, and I, too, was frustrated that there was no head-on shot! I had no idea it was yours, but enjoyed reading about all the special details that went into it. And the photos on etsy did not do justice to the color of your aqua - it''s quite a deep, rich color. I can see why you love it, despite a less than favorite cut. Can''t wait to see your photos once you receive it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That aquamarine has fabulous colour and in a pendant, no one will see the inclusions unless they get way close to your bosom.
11.gif
The lotus detail is lovely too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was admiring this on her site as well. I love when it turns out to be a PS''ers and I know we''ll get to see real life shots!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love that aqua, and the setting for it, is just gorgeous... You gave me such a great idea for one of my gems!
31.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have been drooling over this on Sally''s site..I''m so happy it''s a PSer!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of your lovely lovely comments. I''m so stoked about this one!!! I thought I''d wait to buy this when Sally finishes a ring of mine with a mali garnet, but it will be ten days! I could have the pendant hanging around my neck by that time...

I convoed Sally and asked for the head on shot.

icekid She made this as my signature pendant, I''m so happy with the result. (Shhhh, don''t tell anyone, but this will be a set, with a spinel filigree bracelet and a cushion aqua filigree ring
12.gif
)

tourmaline_lover I''ll post it as soon as Sally sends the photo, I thought I didn''t want to see it, but now I do
9.gif

cellentani Yeah, those symbols just make it all the more special. I didn''t know the lotus was a symbol of flourishing through adversity, but having a ten month old whose slept about two whole nights her whole life, and a toddler makes me feel I deserve it
16.gif

Chrono That excactly was my devious plan
31.gif

packrat Me too!

D&T Always happy to enable, tehee
31.gif

mochi Thank you Mochi
1.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love aqua and that is such a beautiful setting for a pendant. I can''t wait to see what it looks like around your neck.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I missed this thread. What a stunning stunning pendant that will be. Can''t wait to see your photos of it. Love that you are making a set of stones and the stones are all different. TFS!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When do you expect to receive it? I can''t wait for neck shots.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will be another two weeks, because Sally is making me a ring that I want to add to the same package, and then it takes about a week for it to get here... Gah, I can''t wait!!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 3:59:10 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW I missed this thread. What a stunning stunning pendant that will be. Can''t wait to see your photos of it. Love that you are making a set of stones and the stones are all different. TFS!!!
I''m hoping it will work once I see them all together, that it will be a killer combo. I think the silver filigree will tie it all together. I really trust Sally in these things.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful pendant. Love the stone and the setting. Who cares about the inclusions? They add interest and personality, and remember, colored stones are all about the color. That one is just beautiful!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, 2 weeks sounds like forever, doesn’t it?
3.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, it does!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Impatient by nature
11.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s Sally''s picture face up, the aqua showing more green than it does to my eyes.

sallyaquapendantfaceup.jpeg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that aqua is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
. I love that color!!!!! Sally did a fantastic job on your pendant, I love the style of it. I bet you can''t wait to receive it, I would be so impatient.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s huge and I know you said you don''t like checkboards but I think it adds interest to the aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results