shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine name

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
A: I have been looking for an aquamarine pendant and I really love the green-er hues such as the one found at this site
http://www.aquacrown.com/jewelry/diamond-and-gemstone-rings/lam-kt0036r-w/aq-14k-wg-ring-aquamarine-diamond.html

(I can''t seem to cut and paste)
33.gif

Is there a name for this shade?

B: I have also been seeing a lot of green amethyst. Where did it all come from?!?

C: Does anyone else just feel happy when they look at Jewelry??
9.gif

Thanks

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I like the greener shades, too! The more seafoam-y colored aqua is not heated - most aqua is heated as the blue tones which result are very popular, but you can get unheated aquamarine. (Here is mine - I love her
1.gif
) I would just be sure that you are happy with the color saturation as well as the shade in any stone you choose, it could just be a poor photo but the aqua in picture to me is very washed out. Have fun looking!

aqualil.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 4:03:40 PM
Author:bookworm240

A: I have been looking for an aquamarine pendant and I really love the green-er hues such as the one found at this site
http://www.aquacrown.com/jewelry/diamond-and-gemstone-rings/lam-kt0036r-w/aq-14k-wg-ring-aquamarine-diamond.html

(I can't seem to cut and paste)
33.gif

Is there a name for this shade?

B: I have also been seeing a lot of green amethyst. Where did it all come from?!?

C: Does anyone else just feel happy when they look at Jewelry??
9.gif

Thanks

A: The stone in that picture appears to be a minty bluish green, or a very light pastel seafoam bluish green.

B: Green amethyst is really a misnomer, it should actually be called green quartz since amethyst is the purple variety of quartz. The mineralogical name for green quartz is prasiolite. Here's an article on the treatements that produce the mint green variety, which is irradiated quartz. Most green amethyst you see in the market place is treated to obtain the color, although this article does indicate that the color occurs in nature, but I have yet to see a natural colored mint green quartz.
33.gif
However, there is natural colored mint green beryl (aqua is a beryl) and mint garnet.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Green-Amethyst---The-Wonders-of-Prasiolite&id=1930686

C: I feel happy when I'm looking at beautiful jewelry which you see so much of in Pricescope. I'm not a fan of jewelry at your typical B&M mall store.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Babysteps -I LOVE!!
30.gif
yours. Thanks for sharing. That is exactly the color I am going for. Do you mind my asking how many carats your stone is and how you plan to set it?

Thanks for the great links and info, to all. :)

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
^^ Thank you! It is 2.82 carats, asscher cut (Jeff White). My plan is to set it in this Leon Mege setting eventually
1.gif

jwlmsetting.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I have a "fine" blue aqua, which is lovely, however, I just love Babysteps''s seafoamy beauty!

BTW, that setting is TDF, Babysteps!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 11:19:51 AM
Author: omieluv
I have a ''fine'' blue aqua, which is lovely, however, I just love Babysteps''s seafoamy beauty!

BTW, that setting is TDF, Babysteps!
30.gif
I agree - BabySteps has a gorgeous seafoam aqua. I would put that in an art deco setting, it reminds me of everything I love about art deco, the shape as well as the color. Well, I think I would put just about every stone I have in an art deco setting if I could!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:53:23 PM
Author: babysteps
I like the greener shades, too! The more seafoam-y colored aqua is not heated - most aqua is heated as the blue tones which result are very popular, but you can get unheated aquamarine. (Here is mine - I love her
1.gif
) I would just be sure that you are happy with the color saturation as well as the shade in any stone you choose, it could just be a poor photo but the aqua in picture to me is very washed out. Have fun looking!
I really don''t mean to threadjack, but Babysteps is there a thread about your aqua - it''s beautiful!

Bookworm240, the last time I saw greener shades of aquamarine, they were on Roger Dery''s site: Spectral Gems. Maybe he has more rough in a similar colour.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 12:58:37 PM
Author: Gailey
... Babysteps is there a thread about your aqua - it''s beautiful!

Bookworm240, the last time I saw greener shades of aquamarine, they were on Roger Dery''s site: Spectral Gems. Maybe he has more rough in a similar colour.

Hi Gailey - here is the thread about my stone
my aqua

Bookworm240 - can''t wait to see what you find! It is worth the hunt to get the shade you want
1.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. TL and omieluv, thank you! Bookworm240, did you see the thread on Coati''s TDF aqua, it is a stunner.
3.gif

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Checked out the threads....be-yooooo-ti-fulll. I am going to keep looking and I will keep you posted. :) M

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results