shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine Help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I've never heard of them, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. There are a lot of gem dealers in Bangkok.

It's not a top stone (it looks pretty pale and the greenish tint--due to lack of heat treatment--knocks the price down a bit), but for $58, you aren't going to get top color.

mogok

Shiny_Rock
Well this company in in mehasak street in Bangkok, around 100 meters from my office. I dont personally know them, even if its not the first time I hear this name but I will go to have a look to the address given on Ebay today.
Tell you later...
All the best

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I like pale...would it possibly be a good buy?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a big fan of aquamarine, so I'm the wrong person to ask. Maybe mogok can tell you.

But assuming the price doesn't move too far, you can't be out much.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm okay thanks!

ryan seattle

Rough_Rock
Most companies out of Thailand are good IE Thaigems.com. When on Ebay watch out for the Canadian companies. I bought some gems from a company over Ebay that was based in Toronto I would never buy from them again. They did not disclose flaws and inclusions.

mogok

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I'm just back from a trip to Mogok and to the emporium auction in Yangon...
About this aquamarine, the price does not looks that crazy compared to what I see here on a retail price point of view. But the color looks a little bit weak and what about the clarity? Anyway I'm not really an expert in aquamarines prices...
About AJS, this is a small company. One of my friends working in the same building as them told me that they looks Ok but I cannot tell you really more about.
All the best,

gct888

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I really like this forum and have been browsing for quite a while, but just registered now. Anyway,just to share with you my buying experience with the vendor - I am very pleased with the quick service, and the yellow sapphire that I bought looked even better than the pic on the website. Attached is the stone I got from them, I love the saturated color. (It is much more golden-yellow in person, somehow I can't quite capture it on camera) Hope this helps.

Georgina

my stone1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results