shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine at Brilliant Earth - quality?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Is anyone familiar with the quality of Brilliant Earth's aquamarine stones? I am searching for a really nice 6mm stone to put in a three stone ring. Diamonds would be on either side of it. Thanks! :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any experience with Brilliant Earth but thought I'd chime in so you don't think people are ignoring you! I don't get the feeling that many people on this forum purchase gemstones from Brilliant Earth but I could be wrong!

There are a couple of threads at the top of the forum which may be of interest to you. One is a guide to coloured gemstone buying for anyone new to it, and the other is a list of vendors, recommended by some members who have and positive experiences.

If you wanted help finding a stone, feel free to start a new thread and I'm sure there will be people here willing to help.

Good luck!

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I cannot address your specific question about Brilliant Earth. My only experience with buying aquamarines (except a really cheap pair on eBay) is with Dana at Mastercut Gems. He's a great guy with a good return policy if you don't like the stone. I bought a big pear aqua from him a couple of years ago and was pleased with the quality. He cut it from rough that came from Russia.

Here's a nice one on his web site.

https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-254-Aquamarine_Emerald_and_Beryl/8026-Natural_Aquamarine_5_97_ct-Gem.php?FromPage=1

Here's mine:

aqua1_1.jpg
aqua2_0.jpg
aqua3.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they disclose treatment? Aqua can be heated making them more blue. Depending on how you set the stone, the cut quality may also be in question.

I have an aqua and white gold bracelet from when I was a teen. Likely the things have been heated but considering it was at the time about 150 dollars, I can't say I care much.

These days however, aqua can command a lot of money, so always good to know what you're getting.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Ricezo, Indigoblue and Arcadian.

Gorgeous stone, Indigoblue! I will look into your recommendation and also check out disclosures (Arcadian) if I end up going with an aqua. The other consideration is blue sapphire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results