carat
color
clarity

Aqua help!

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Disclaimer: I’m an aqua newbie!

I was hoping to get your thoughts on this aqua in terms of colour and price. Is the price on the higher side? It’s a little hard to get a good sense of what the pricing should be as aqua pricing seem to so much. Is it also too tall for a ring?

2.33 ct 9.3x7.5x6

Thanks!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, so with aquamarine, you are definitely going to find a lot of different pricing. So much of it depends upon what you like though. I will say I have a precision cut aquamarine from him and it is very nice. I probably will not ever wear it, but it is very nice. I don't think that his prices are astronomical at all for the quality of the cutting and the quality of the stone.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto what @elizat posted above re: Aquamarine pricing.

If the Aqua turns out as blue as it appears in the video, to me the price is reasonable for a precision-cut Aqua over 2 carats.

When you do have it hand, be sure to check out whether that crystal/inclusion at the bottom meetpoint is problematic at all (see if it is rough on your finger at that point, if the inclusion repeats/mirrors elsewhere in the stone, and/or if its presence otherwise bothers you)

1615663724601.jpeg

With its depth at 6mm, it will stand high off your finger in a ring setting -- only you can decide whether that is comfortable for you. I have a few rings with that kind of depth, and although I keep them and love them, I wear them rarely.

I wear very simple necklaces, when I do wear one. I know I wouldn't wear a CS necklace with a stone of this size.

YMMV.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that stone in my feed on Instagram yesterday. It’s very pretty! It stopped me in my tracks.

I think, aside from pricing, it’s good to know who you’re buying from because....

1) synthetic aqua looks very convincing as natural.
2) some natural stones are irradiated and fade in color.

Therefore, make sure you only purchase from someone who knows where the stone comes from and of all treatment.

I think the price is fair, considering the depth of color, precision faceting and polish, and if it isn’t irradiated (heated only is acceptable).

elizat

Ideal_Rock
He does cut nice stones. Mine is unheated/not treated.

I had it set, but I just don't think I will wear it. I started the project before I began to cull.

816038 816039

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
He does cut nice stones. Mine is unheated/not treated.

I had it set, but I just don't think I will wear it. I started the project before I began to cull.

816038 816039

So pretty! How big is your stone??

Are you selling the ring??

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! How big is your stone??

Are you selling the ring??

My stone is 8 x 10, I think. It's not as deep as yours, I don't think. It's 2.79 ctw.

I was probably going to list it. I have been on a purge mission, but bought the stone in November and started the setting soon after, but before I began to purge.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results