shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua from Custom Gemstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fafa

Shiny_Rock

I purchased this medium blue aquamarine from Dan back in Oct. The beautiful cut gives it a lot of sparkle. The pictures I took look a bit blue green but it looks blue in real life.

This picture is from Dan''s website.

aqVendor.jpg

fafa

Shiny_Rock
In the box.

IMG_6845.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
The stone looks a lot more saturated under natural light.

IMG_6849.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
The flashes...

IMG_6862.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great looking aqua. Can you give us a bit more information like the size and carat weight? That baby looks HUGE!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, what a gorgeous colored aqua! Are you planning on setting it? That would make a fantastic east west, haloed, split shank ring!

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:25:04 AM
Author: Chrono
Great looking aqua. Can you give us a bit more information like the size and carat weight? That baby looks HUGE!
Thanks for your compliement! It''s 1.75 ct measures 6.3 x 9.2 mm. It does look huge on my size 4.5 finger.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your plans for the aqua?

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 9:17:33 AM
Author: Catmom
Ooooo, what a gorgeous colored aqua! Are you planning on setting it? That would make a fantastic east west, haloed, split shank ring!
Thanks Catmom! I''ll have it set in this antique reproduction setting. It arrived yesterday. I''ll drop it off to my jeweler this evening. Here''s a picture of the stone resting loose on the setting.

IMG_7227.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very nice setting. Do you mind my asking where you found it?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting, fafa!! It''s just perfect with the aqua. I can''t wait to see the pictures once it is set.
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that, beautiful color.

Linda

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the nice words! Chrono, I bought the setting from blufoxxcreations on ebay. I''ve been drooling for his settings for long time. This is the first time I buy from him. I''m very happy with the quality and the price is very affordable.

Here''s a link to his store. Blufoxxcreations

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous - what a find!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m gonna buy one of those setting for my topaz!! Perfect! Thank you Fafa! Great link!

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LadyA! Gypsy, I''m glad I can help. Which setting are you gonna buy? Please let us know how it goes.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is a perfect fit for my topaz, AND I really love it. It's perfect. I've put it on my Christmas list. If I don't get it for Christmas, I'll get it after.
11.gif
I didn't want to spend too much on the setting as I paid very little for the stone. I was going to get it re-cut, but for the cost of the re-cut I can get a new stone!

Here's my topaz:

Gypsy%20London%20Blue%203.JPG

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, love the blue of your topaz. It''s gonna look great in that setting. I hope you''ll get it from your santa soon.
1.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful aqua, and I love the setting, it''s perfect. Thanks for posting the link to the site, too. Maybe they''ll have something for a blue zircon I need set.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - both of them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 7:24:11 PM
Author: fafa
Gypsy, love the blue of your topaz. It''s gonna look great in that setting. I hope you''ll get it from your santa soon.
1.gif

Thank you fafa.. it''s a teal blue London blue, and I love it. I was going to get it recut... but for the price of that I can get a matching stone, so I was looking for an affordable setting for it. Santa''s got it on his list. He''s also got the matching topaz I want on his list too.

But the list is long, and includes about 7 purses I want... and I''ve asked him to limit his choice to one piece. So... we''ll see. Can''t wait to see yours when it''s all finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results