shape
carat
color
clarity

Approx cost to add stone to antique mounting

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, what should I be looking at for labor? Simple art deco mounting, platinum. I'm in the US, east coast. TIA!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need more information. Turn a ten-stone halo into an 11-stone? :P2 Big job. Pop a diamond into a featureless band? Or add a center stone to a semi-mount or a mounting that has already been cannibalized? That could be trivial -- if it's a well-cut diamond swapped for another well-cut diamond (similar pavilion angle and percentages) of the same dimensions -- or impossible like if it were a deep sapphire into a pearl cup, etc.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
It’s unclear what you are asking. Do you have an empty ring mounting and you want to know the cost of labor to put a stone into it? I would say $50-150 depending on the jeweler. If prongs need retipping then my jeweler charges $25 per prong.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
If you mean how much should you expect to pay to have a loose stone set into an existing setting, it often depends on the size of the stone. The jewelers around me charge more as the stone gets larger. The price also varies a little from shop to shop so look around before choosing.
It will also depend on the kind of stone and the type of setting, if the setting needs fixing or refurbishing, etc. It’s best to take the stone and setting in and get some quotes.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
It’s unclear what you are asking. Do you have an empty ring mounting and you want to know the cost of labor to put a stone into it? I would say $50-150 depending on the jeweler. If prongs need retipping then my jeweler charges $25 per prong.

@Caseylyep, this. I bought a little over 1 ct oval sapphire and want to use it in a simple 1950s setting that currently has a synthetic stone, very similar to this one.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the prongs can be used “as is”, around $75. If the prongs need work, add another $75. If a new head is required, around $200 to $300.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results