shape
carat
color
clarity

Apprasial Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

confusedconsumer

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am hoping to get some much needed and appreciated answers to the apprasial process. I have two 1 carat (eyeballed size) round diamonds set together in one ring. The stones are approx 100 yesrs old, the setting maybe 40. My mother wants to take it to fortunoff to have appraised so the dias can be used for a e-ring. Will this tell me the color and clarity and size and if they are worthwhile to use for my purpose? she wants to be involved and feels that kind of store can be trusted. will I get the answers I need from their report?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Appraisers should never charge based on the value of the piece. There should be an hourly charge or maybe by carat weight.The appraisal itself shouldn't take long and you should be there. A written report should be given to you in a timely manner.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You could try Barry Block who is an independent appraiser:The Jewelry Judge, Ltd.
320 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530
Phone: (516) 248-8130
Fax: (516) 248-5477 [email protected]

confusedconsumer

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I checked the lsit. I live in NJ (no car) and Mom lives in LI (nassau county) its a bit tricky b/c she wants to be involved i just want to know the quality and if its worth using for an e-ring since the dias used to be earrings I am worried. She told me she took a family dia to fortunoff when she was getting engaged and offered to do so for us

confusedconsumer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I will def. check it out. Do appraisers charge based on value of the piece or a basic flat fee? also How long should it take?
thanks for the prompt replies, I am anxious to find out what i have so I can have a sparkly new ring soon
smile.gif

confusedconsumer

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the advice.. I will be getting them appraised shortly and will let you know what happens....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results