shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisers in Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hubby2B

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I'm living in the UK and I have found this forum to be absolutely fantastic! Well done guys for shedding the light on what can be a confusing purchase decision (buying a diamond for the one you love!). Based on all the reading and research that I've done, I have decided to make a trip across the Atlantic to shop for a wonderfully cut diamond for my fiance. I have pre-arranged some times with a few stores in Los Angeles, and if I do purchase in L.A, was wondering whether you could provide me details of any recommended appraisers in the area that I can subsequently take the stone to.

Many thanks,
Hubby.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for kind words Hubby2B.

Unfortunately, I don't have information on independent appraiser in LA.

Are you coming to LA to buy a diamond only? Because you can order diamond online and get it shipped to UK. See for example these threads:

[/u][/u]

Hubby2B

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Leonid. I'm going to L.A for a holiday, but also with the intention of purchasing a stone as the prices are a lot better in the US. Furthermore, I believe that if I purchase it through the internet (which I have considered), I will be hit with quite sunstantial import duties when it arrives in the UK, and I've been informed that the duties are not refundable even if I decide return the stone back to the vendor. his is what I have heard, but if anyone thinks I'm wrong, please let me know!

My only reason why I want it appraised while I'm in L.A. is so that I can be confident in what I am purchasing. If I were to purchase a certificated stone (AGS or GIA), can I reasonaly assume that the stone is genuine, or should I still get an appraisal just to double check?

Many Thanks,
Hubs.
:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results