shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisers in Baltimore Area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Anyone know any good appraisers in the Baltimore area?

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
I live in the Annapolis area, and used James Jolliff - he is an independent appraiser who works out of his home, and executive director of NAJA. If you look up JEI Enterprises you will find his number. He is literally right off of Route 97 south on route 2... he is retired Navy, very gruff old guy, but very honest. I will send you a private message with his number if you like.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Yeah, can you send me his info and what he charges? Is he off Int 97 or Rte 97 (Georgia Ave.)?

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
I already emailed to you. Let me know that you got it. I mean the 97 that goes south out of Baltimore direct to Annapolis. I can email you further directions as well, or he can provide when you call him.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Got the email, thanks. He's good even when it comes to the cut?

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
Well, he is intimately familiar with the AGA cut chart and will give you all of the required measurements and tell you the class of the stone. He is friends with Mr. Atlas (oldminer) who developed that chart. Mr. Atlas had recommended him to me. (I would have used Dave Atlas, except I wanted to see the stone and he is way up in Philly).

Good Luck!

JasonL

Rough_Rock
I'm not familar with the appraisal process so this might be a stupid question. Does he do the appraisal with you sitting there? If not how fast is the turnaround?

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
Well, he did mine in an evening - I left it there and went back the next morning to pick it up (but I live ten minutes from him). You can ask him if it is okay to stick around while he does his work - never hurts to ask.
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results