shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisers in Austin, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mouse

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I recently purchased a stone from GOG (very nice experience, details to come later) and have just received the custom engagement setting for it. Now that everything is complete, it''s time to update the appraisal to have it covered by my insurance.

Question is, does anyone have recommendations for appraisers in the Austin, Tx area? I noticed one person in the appraiser forum listing but they are not entirely "independant". Has anyone had experience working with them?

Thanks,

Mouse

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It's tough to find independent appraisers (who do not buy or sell).

Most appraisers are buyers and sellers who appraise "on the side". It's much easier to make good money buying and selling than it is in appraising only, so many appraisers are dealers first, appraisers second.

The good side to this is appraisers who buy and sell are directly involved in the market, and often give more accurate appraisals than those who aren't. If they can remain objective, it's not necessarily a bad thing that they buy and sell.

Give the girl listed a shot. Sounds like she's got plenty of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results