shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser/Valuer in Sydney, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone recommend me an appraiser in Sydney, Australia?

Also, do they look at the GIA Certificate first? Some (I did a ring around) asked me if I have a Certificate and they said that would be quicker for them? Aren''t they supposed to be independent?
33.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
gem Studies lab will do appraisals.
I doubt DCLA will - they are a straight grading lab.

You can also find recomendations by contacting the NCJVC (google) or look them up in the phone book - national council of jewellery valuers, or JAA the Jewelers association of asutralia

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Garry
9.gif

I gave them a call today and I have decided to take it there next week. Bill Sechov was recommended to me by someone - a jeweller that didn't beleive that I could buy a stone like I did without it being a fake
20.gif
and/or being ripped off mainly because it was bought from the internet
6.gif
. I had a bit of trouble finding him (why I made this post) but I'm an ace at Google
2.gif

P.S I'm in contact with Jessica from Precious Metals as I'm looking for some ideal cut 0.01ct rounds for a bead set band
10.gif

diamondsmonster

Rough_Rock
Have you tried people in Gemex Sydney? They are a big group and I recently had my fiancee''s ring valued by them. price was pretty fair, I think their website is www.gemex.com.au.

Hope you find this helpful.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 2:38:27 AM
Author: diamondsmonster
Have you tried people in Gemex Sydney? They are a big group and I recently had my fiancee''s ring valued by them. price was pretty fair, I think their website is www.gemex.com.au.

Hope you find this helpful.

Thank you diamondsmonster
9.gif

I have now had my stone appraised though - well it was a Certificate to say that it is the stone matches the GIA Cert. It will be valued when the ring is made.

Thanks for the link. I''ll be sure to check them out for next time
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results