shape
carat
color
clarity

appraisel does not match cert...what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey all!

My sister just got engaged, and the diamond that my sister''s fiance bought from an online vendor is not matching up with the cert provided, per the appraiser.

It is an egl stone (supposedly), and the color is 1 grade off, which is to be expected, but the plat on the cert is missing 1 inclusion, and also says it has no flouro when it actually has a strong yellow flouro.

What should she do? Can she request and explanation from the vendor?

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I say - if she is concerned about it - then why not give a call to the vendor and ask about it?
Are you within the return period for the diamond - just in case?

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if she is within the return period...I would have to ask her fiance, I guess. He actually seems more upset about it than her...she can''t tell any of this with the naked eye.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
strong yellow flouro is bad.
It lowers the value considerably.
yea she needs to contact the vendor asap

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 12:02:35 PM
Author: strmrdr
strong yellow flouro is bad.

It lowers the value considerably.

yea she needs to contact the vendor asap

ditto..

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Start by talking with the appraiser to make sure you understand what they are saying. Are they disagreeing with the conclulsions of the lab or are they thinking that it''s not the same stone as the one described on the report? The difference is pretty important.

I agree with the above that strong yellow fluorescence is an important attribute to slip in at the back end and this is something to discuss with the vendor.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results