shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
If I''m going to a guy my father''s been going to for years, and all the diamonds are AGS certified, complete with cert, should I still get the rock appraised and looked at?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Are you going to be insuring the diamond ring? If so, then definitely.

However, I would still get it independently appraised regardless.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sure, get it appraised. Not only that, but make the sale contingent upon the diamond appraising out to your satisfaction with the independent appraiser of your choice, with a reasonable right-of-return period (10-15 days?) for ANY reason.

That way you''ll know the diamond is what it''s supposed to be, and is being sold to you at a fair price. The dealer will also know that you''re a serious individual, and will be less likely to take you for granted.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Note that on both AGS and GIA gradings reports, there is a statement that recommends that a credentialed gemologist review the diamond when considering a purchase.

Since values aren''t reported on these documents, the peace of mind is worth having it checked in a more complete and advanced means.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results