shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal Values

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NittanyLion

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a round diamond, and will be getting it appraised. Here's the rundown:

GIA-Graded, .92 carats, clarity SI1 (slight white feathery inclusion), color F, 60% depth, 59% table, no culet, medium girdle.

The price I paid was approx. $4200, from a trusted source.

Can anyone comment on the value at which such a stone might be appraised? Are appraisals generally inflated? Also, do insurance carriers accept a GIA-cert or must it be appraised?

Thanks in advance for comments.

geo10000

Rough_Rock
The appraisal should be somewhere around $7,000 to $8,000. This value represents a common retail replacement value of the diamond at a retail level with somewhat of a cushion built in for inflatory diamond prices so you don't have to have it reappraised every year. Most insurance companies will not insure a diamond based on simply a GIA report. Even more so, they will not insure it as a loose stone. I understand you have a trusting source on your stone but I would still recommend having it appraised to make sure it is properly valued once it is mounted.

NittanyLion

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the ballpark figure geo. I'll definitely have it appraised.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results