shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bfready

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided to abandon my earlier thoughts of going to Tiffany and will get my gf a nice diamond through one of the preferred online vendors. Because I really want a nice setting I''m going to send the stone off to Mark Morrell because I love just about all the settings I''ve seen from him. I know that the money back period online is a matter of days, and I''d like to get a chance to look at the stone in person before Mark sets it. He wants it to be sent from a gemologist rather than directly from me.

Ok now to my question: The only gemologist that''s close to me (and listed on PS) is GIA, not AGS, certified. The stones I''m looking at from Whiteflash are all AGS. Does this matter? Should I try to find someone who''s AGS certified? Or does it not make any sense to do this and I should just have the stone sent from WF to Mark?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d probably have the stone sent to one of the appraisers that post on this forum and then have them send it to MM. I have used Richard Sherwood in florida, have communicated with Rocdoc via email and only heard great things about dave atlas, Neil (denver appraiser) and Jeff, metroappraisers, here on PS. I believe all of them have seem MM pieces in person and been the go between before.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Even with a round and an ACA, I would still want to see it before it was set. Maybe it''s just me, but once it is set and past the 10 days, you can no longer return it. I truly believe you can''t go wrong with an ACA, but all diamonds have their own personality. I would go to the GIA appraiser close to you and view it there.

bfready

Rough_Rock
That''s not a problem if it originally comes with an AGS cert?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 11:46:01 AM
Author: bfready
That's not a problem if it originally comes with an AGS cert?

no, he should be able to make sure the stone matches the cert..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results