shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Paul

Rough_Rock
Hi Leonid,It's Paul here. Two questions for you - I am just wrapping up the purchase of my new Superbcert diamond that I am purchasing from one of your recommended on-line vendors. The diamond is approx. 1 ct, E, IF stone, just to remind you what I purchased. I will be receiving the stone here shortly, and I was wondering if you think it is really necessary for me to have an independent appraiser look at. If the answer is yes, could you please recommend someone? I am in Sacramento, Ca. I am leaning towards having it appraised.Second question, I am having the diamond set by a third party. Do I need to have them sign something which states they accept responsbility if the diamond is damaged during the process of having the stone set? Or is the liability on the part of the jeweler assumed, and from a legal standpoint, a secondary document not needed?Thank you for your response. I just don't want to see my diamond damaged. Presumably, stones are not damaged during the setting process?- Paul

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul, Congrads with your stone! I hope you like it. How did you find the whole experience? Is there anything other consumers should be aware of?As for appraisal, you need one anyway for insurance. I'd recommend to insure it before you leave it for mounting unless jeweler will give you written guarantee that he will be liable for breaking/chipping the diamond during setting.For insurance purposes you can go to any professional appraiser. However, if you want also unbiased opinion about the stone and that you received exactly what you paid for, you might want show it to independent appraiser (i.e. who doesn't sell anything him/herself).Is Walnut Creek, CA, too far from you? You can visit Nancy Stacy, www.jewelry-appraisal.com .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results