shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal near Cincinnati - any past experience/thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Saint0453

Rough_Rock
As IcyHot found back in 2007 (link) there is only one independent appraiser located in Cincinnati. This appraiser (Katy Bodenburg) has only been in business since 2005. I have been debating driving to an appraiser in Chillicothe, OH or in Worthington, OH but they are 2 hours away. Both of these appraisers (Kimberly DiFrango and Mitchell Dustin) have been in the business for ~20 years).

Is anyone familiar with any of these 3 appraisers? I assume length of time working in the field would equate to more experience? Is it worth it to drive the 2 hours north? I am looking to get the appraisal for insurance purposes.

Thanks for any suggestions.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I''m from Cincy and although I haven''t lived there in over 10 years I can''t imagine that there is only 1 qualified independent appraiser there. Maybe only one is posted under the PS resources but I would think there are more and PS just doesn''t know about them. If my memory is correct, that resource list came about from members who posted their recommendations, Pricescope did not hunt down all the independent appraisers there are in the world. I would call of few of the high end jewelry stores in the area and see if they can recommend someone that would be a lot closer than driving 2 hours to another city.

Saint0453

Rough_Rock
You are correct I was using the appraisers search on PS, I will check around some more for others.

Reviewing the website of the one in Cincinnati, it appears as she is a GG from the Gemological Institute of America and a member of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers. Are there additional credentials I should be looking for in an appraiser?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results