shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I need to get my diamond appraised and I haven''t got the faintest idea of how to start. I''m scared I''ll end up going to some crook and get screwed somehow...not even sure how. How do I go about getting a above the board independant appraiser? I don''t mind if I have to send the diamond off somewhere as long as I know everything is going to be legit and SAFE. Please help. Al the appraisal how-to stuff I''ve read talks about what to do once you have an appraiser...I don''t know how to even find one. Thanks.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Under Resources you may be able to find a local appraiser. Also call a reputable jewelry store in your area and see if they have an appraiser that available.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Let me save you a mouse click !

Appraisers - Click Here

My suggestions -

1) If you can find someone on that list within driving distance of your home - go for it. Personal attention is nice and shipping costs can be a big part of the appraisal costs.

2) If not -and you are looking through the list trying to decide who to work with - You might notice on that list are a few people mentioned as frequent contributors to Pricescope. You see other appraiser mentioned if you read some of the posts. I believe in doing business with people who make time to contribute to the education of consumers and improvement of the industry.

Just my two cents.

Edited and PS.

You are in Houston? I just looked on the list and a firm called JAS is listed in Houston. Ummmm - why does their web site talk about custom jewelry and certified loose diamonds at broker prices???? DO NOT use an appraiser that sells gems and jewelry or is part of a company that does.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the replies...Yes, i am in Houston and I also checked the appraiser resources here and noticed the same thing. I didn''t think about asking local jewelry stores...but wouldn''t that be a conflict of interest to ask a jewelry store''s recommendations? I am leery of using someone without a personal reference I guess, and I don''t know anyone in Houston who''s used an independant appraiser. So, if anyone here has suggestions or warnings, please send them my way by post or pm. PLEASE! I really want to move fwd with this ring and things are at a standstill until we can get it appraised.

EZ-Monet

Rough_Rock
Greetings gingerBcookie,

Step one:
Call or email your request for an appraisal quote and instructions to either Chris DiCamillo or David Atlas at Accredited Gem Appraisers (215-873-CERT, [email protected].)

Step two:
Box your stone up and send it to them in the manner they indicate (probably registered insured US mail.)
Step three:
Relax…as others on this forum will attest, you and your stone will be in the best of hands.

For more information: gemappraisers.com

For the record: I have no business relationship with Accredited Gem Appraisers

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Ginger,

There are several ASA Gems and Jewelry Independent appraisers here in Houston. There are also some others that I can recommend. Since there are so many appraisers near you, I do not think it necessary to go to the expense of shipping your ring off.

Just make an appointment, bring your ring in, and wait while they do the job and you leave with your ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results