shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

STEPHANE00

Rough_Rock
Hello,I have recently purchased my engagement ring and have a GIA certificate and would like to know whether it's wise to have it appraised and recertified. The cost of the ring was high and the cost of the additional appraisal and recertification is about 200$. Now the thought of having it recertified seems silly, for if a place appraises it and says it matches the GIA certificate than I don't see the need for the recertification.I think the idea is to have it matched to the original cert and then appraised for a value for insurance purposes. Spending another 200 for an engagement dinner might be a better deal? The reason for the high cost is due to the 2.34 CTs total weight.Truth be told I don't see the ROI on the redo of the cert.Please advise. Thanks so much for all those who participate in this great site.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi STEPHANE00,You are right. There is no need to get another grading report once the diamond already has one from GIA. Moreover, GIA has a tracking system that allow them not to issue different gradings for the same stone.You just have to verify that the diamond is indeed as represented and matches the original report and get an appraisal for insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results