shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal for < 1.0 tw studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Histrionic

Rough_Rock
I''m looking to buy 0.75 (total wt) certified diamond studs (~$1000) for my wife from an online vendor. I''ve seen recommendations that, when buying online, one should have the stone(s) sent to an independent appraiser to make sure that the diamonds haven''t been "swapped" (i.e. that the GIA certificate matches the diamonds.) Is this overkill for studs of this size?

Also--how worried about color do I have to be with this size stud? Is G/H color reasonably good? A lot of the "prefab" studs at Szul, Whiteflash, etc., are G/H.

Thanks for any help!
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know that a full appraisal is necessary, but do what makes you comfortable. keep in mind that these companies are trying to earn business. they are not going to risk their reputation by switching a diamond, it''s simply not worth it.

g/h color is perfectly fine. it is actually what i prefer as far as value in an ideal cut. there are many here who also have i/j ideal cut stones and love them.

best of luck to you!

Histrionic

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
Assuming one is not able to afford an ideal cut...does your answer still stand? (I think very good is more in my price range...)

Also...with studs of this size...are SI stones OK?

I appreciate everybody''s help...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if your are dealing with a reputable online vendor, you have no worries whatsoever.

si clarity stones are a perfect choice for earrings. you can always have the vendor check them for eye clean as well.

here is a thread about eye clean definitions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results