shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal arrived

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Two days ago I had posted the GIA info. on a marquise stone that I had just had appraised.

The written appraisal just arrived. I'm surprised that it doesn't have more info. He basically took the info from my GIA cert. I expected some kind of plotting. ????
Anyway, OldMiner & Emrldforher replied, so here is more info from the appraisal regarding the questions asked. Can someone suggest a more acurrate value now? Thanks!

IGL appraiser GIA, (not GG or NJA)
Instruments used: Binocular Microscope, Color Master Stones, Diamond Lite, Electronic Scale

Mounting:
10 round brilliant diamonds, (5 on each side) SI1-SI2, H-I color, Good Symmetry & Polish, est. wt. .23cts.

6 Tapered baguettes, (3 on each side) VS2-SI1, H-I color, Good Symmetry & Polish est. wt. .48cts

Center: Marquise Brilliant 10.61 x 5.94 x 4.10 mm
69% depth, E, VS2, Good/Good, actual weight 1.44ct

14kt white gold casting 3.0dwt.

I now have a GIA cert, and an IGL appraisal. Neither gives me the info on the crown, pavillion, etc. Where would I get that info from? Thank you.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Ah, I do remember that thread (I had posted that the stone looked beautiful). Ok, so are you suggesting that I send it to "Diamond Brokers" in Florida? I see that that report says "Sarin Technologies" at the bottom. I have no idea what that means, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but can I find a place in NY that uses Sarin Technology to find out more about my diamond? Thanks! (Oh, and you're posts the other night about your wife breaking your nose were hysterical!)

Rook

Shiny_Rock
What I think cutnut is saying is that while sarin info may be useful, an idealscope image will give you a better determination that the diamond performs well,(although only seeing the diamond is absolute.) You can have a fancy shaped diamond with good "numbers" that performs poorly.

Sarin makes instruments that measure a diamonds dimentions, as well as others. Many local jewelers and appraisers have or have access to these.

Cutnut, sorry if that is not accurate.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
See www.Sarin.com for more info on Sarin.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Rook. I was just reading the info on Ideal-Scope. Will look into both ~ Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results