shape
carat
color
clarity

Apple of my I

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Jeffrey and I have been working with Lesley at Whiteflash very closely for the last few weeks.

We have a stone which looks divine and is more then I could have ever hoped for. And I could have never had anything so nice if it had not been for all of the wonderful posters here on Pricescope. A special thanks to Appletini and Aljdewey who posted reassurances about Expert Selection stones.

John Q was brilliant about answering a gazillion questions that have been posted and posed elsewhere.

The ring is being custom made by the folks at Whiteflash. After wearing a 5mm diamond band for the last few months I know that I can whack my hands several times a day with out knowing it.

The width of the band will be between 2.1 - 2.3mm and will feature 14 stones. The ring will have 7 stones running down the shank on each side. I believe the total carat weight .42 tcw. Jeffrey got an e-mail from Lesley saying that Brian had sorted through more then 200 stones to choose the 14 for my ring.

The head of the ring will be a four prong butter cup style claw basket hand made. I am thrilled of course!

And now for the pictures and other information I have thus far!

1.72ISI1 GIA KLS SarinReport.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The GIA Grading Report

1.72ISI1 GIA Report KLS.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Idealscope Image
18.gif

1.72ISI1 GIA KLS Idealscope.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, matatora, your stone looks amazing!
30.gif
More pics, please! I can''t wait to see the finished ring. Yum!
18.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Our Stone
emlove.gif

1.72ISI1 GIA KLS 40x.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 4:54:45 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Wow, matatora, your stone looks amazing!
30.gif
More pics, please! I can''t wait to see the finished ring. Yum!
18.gif
You cant wait...I am dying! I just want a little peek.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wax Shank

Matatorawax1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see it, you bet!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like it''s going to be amazing. I sure hope J doesn''t make us um...i mean YOU wait too long
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It ooks great! Christmas colors on the wax -- heehee! I''ve often seen WF waxes look multicolored like this and wonderd why. Do you know?

Keep us posted, Mat. I''ll be watching for your engagement post every day after the 16th when you see Jeffrey again.
2.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora, your stone is just perfect!
30.gif
The ring is going to be beautiful!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
V and I have been informed that Whiteflash is expecting to have the ring fnished on Monday...which is very exciting!
36.gif
I am fit to burst!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 5:01:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo
sounds like it''s going to be amazing. I sure hope J doesn''t make us um...i mean YOU wait too long
9.gif
Heh! Me either, but at the same time I am savoring these last moments and trying not to rush him. Still anyone want to give him a ring and tell him to hurry along?
27.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that stone looks awesome. Your ring is going to be gorgeous! Congratulations.

Can''t wait to see the finished product!
3.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 5:03:45 PM
Author: diamondlil
It ooks great! Christmas colors on the wax -- heehee! I''ve often seen WF waxes look multicolored like this and wonderd why. Do you know?

Keep us posted, Mat. I''ll be watching for your engagement post every day after the 16th when you see Jeffrey again.
2.gif
I do not. I remember wondering the same thing when I saw AlJ''s pendent wax. Her''s is the first I can recall where the wax was red and green. I asked but do not remember seeing a response. Perhaps John Q will chime in let us know.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!! Your ring is just going to be divine
30.gif
!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Mata! What a stone! Your set is going to be beautiful.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Mata,

That stone looks fabulous!!!!

Your ring is going to be a wonderful and sparkly sight to behold.

Please post hand pics once it''s done, pretty please!!!
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is so nice to be able to share my excitement with all of ya''ll!
1.gif

Date: 12/9/2005 5:47:34 PM
Author: crafftygrrl
Mata,

That stone looks fabulous!!!!

Your ring is going to be a wonderful and sparkly sight to behold.

Please post hand pics once it''s done, pretty please!!!
2.gif
Crafftygrrl- I am hoping it will be on my hand soon, but to be fair I know that since I have had so much knowledge this far that he may wait before asking me to marry him. He said he might take a few pictures of it once it gets to him, or that he might not.
7.gif
I called him a Yankee.
I do so hope that he will ask me soon.
I am thinking friday morning I will go and have someone else do my nails, so they look extra good for hand shots. (I hope that it will be on my hand before my nails need a polish change!)

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I love your stone (which you already knew
2.gif
)! And the wax looks great (Christmas colors, lol)! I just clicked on the link you posted in your other thread showing what the head of the ring will look like (except with four prongs), and it''s beautiful! Your ring is going to look amazing! I can''t wait to see it!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Matatora, I am so excited for you!! Your new ring will be gorgeous!! I can''t wait for the hand pics!!!
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 6:03:35 PM
Author: Kerbear560
I love your stone (which you already knew
2.gif
)! And the wax looks great (Christmas colors, lol)! I just clicked on the link you posted in your other thread showing what the head of the ring will look like (except with four prongs), and it''s beautiful! Your ring is going to look amazing! I can''t wait to see it!!!
Oh good call! I should have posted those here! Prong Basis The head will be similiar to this one, except it will have four prongs rather the six and will be slightly thinner.

/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 6:05:59 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~Matatora, I am so excited for you!! Your new ring will be gorgeous!! I can''t wait for the hand pics!!!
2.gif
He he I am
9.gif
like a nutter! Can I just say how much it kick a$$ to read that and know it is my ring!!! And that very soon I will be engaged to the most kind and caring and wonderful man????!!!!
face23.gif
The excitment is just overwhelming!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mat! Your ring is going to be gorgeous!
30.gif
Tell your BF that K is lonely all by herself on your neck, that she needs her big sister I on your finger!
31.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mat,
that''s going to be incredible.
I''m so happy for you. I can''t wait to see the finished work of art!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mat, you''re welcome.....it looks like it''s going to be simply STUNNING! I cannot wait to see the final product. I''m a HUGE fan of the buttercup head, and I''m sure it''s gonna be beautiful!

The wax colors, I was told, aren''t terribly significant. I think it helps them make sure things line up (level, plumb, whatever you want to call it).

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 5:16:47 PM
Author: Matatora

I do not. I remember wondering the same thing when I saw AlJ's pendent wax. Her's is the first I can recall where the wax was red and green. I asked but do not remember seeing a response. Perhaps John Q will chime in let us know.

Chiming as requested, m'lady.

Alj is correct, in the balance of things the colors are not any big deal. Sometimes you will see colors mixed with each other. They may be used to represent different metals in two-tone rings (or not), or may represent separate castings that come together to make a final product.

In your case the red wax was the first one produced. The detail at the top was excellent, but the shank was just a little too bulky in our opinion. We did a second cast of the bottom that was more rounded, and fit the contour of the ring precisely. Between the first and second run the wax had been changed to light green (Happy Holidays!
face23.gif
).

For those interested, there are several wax colors we use. Often you will see light green used with CAM, because it is harder and stands up to the machine's vibrations as the bits mill the wax. Dark red and dark green are often used by hand carvers since they are softer. We used soft red for the top of your ring so we would get a slightly cleaner cut with the detailed work.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is going to be one amazing ring!
30.gif

Those prongs are called "buttercup" prongs?

I love them! They look like the Stuller Solstice.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
how exciting!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Matatora, how exciting!!!!! The stone looks gorgeous and the wax is amazing! Can''t wait to see the finished product, the anticipation must be killing you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results