shape
carat
color
clarity

Aphisiglovessae''s PS Wedding Journal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 8:30:23 PM
Author: sunkist

Date: 3/16/2006 6:59:39 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae
Have you found one for yourself yet??

Hi Aphi, I just saw your post in LIW about a question for me over here! Sorry it took me so long to see it
3.gif
No, I haven''t found one for me yet. I''ve only been searching online because I''m not even engaged yet
5.gif
Let''s seeee 3 more months and I think he''ll ask the question! I''m starting to verbalize more of the styles I want and the diamonds I want to get, and he''s said several times that we can go try on rings or buy a stone, but when it comes down to it he''s still wary of doing this stuff online. Even though he buys plenty of expensive stuff online... Anyway , sorry this is so off topic from your wonderful wedding thread
40.gif
So about cheongsams- I want a red one, but not too bright of red since I''m a little blonde-haired, blue-eyed white girl
1.gif
I REALLY like the one that Albicocca has posted from Shanghai Tang!!! I think maybe a mix of red and orange would look good with my skin tone? Another thing is I need one with short sleeves as opposed to sleeveless. Most of the cheongsams that I see online are sleeveless.

Will you buy another one online or at a dress shop?

ETA: and NO! your flower arrangment do not suck!
9.gif
They feel very South-Pacific to me
I''m considering ordering a custom designed qipao from efushop.com (is that the one someone else posted?), but it''ll be much more money that I paid for the other dress. I''m also going to try the import stores here around town. I''m just going to have to accept the fact that I''m going to have to spend a little more for that type of dress if I want it to fit right. I''m also going to check out some other online shops, but after the previous experience, I would really like to be able to try it on before I buy it.

I think a mix of red and orange would good if you have tanned skin. If your skin tone is more pale and white, I think a dark red (like maroon), green or teal blue would look nice on you. Even gold might look great! Stay away from black, blue, bright red, orange and white (basically any color that may make you look washed-out). Of course, this is all just my opinion and you should actually see it on you in person to see which color would work best. You''d better post a picture for me when you find one!!
1.gif
And I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you in hopes he''ll pop the question very soon!

Thanks for the flower opinion. I showed them to my mom and she loves them, she just wishes it wasn''t so pink. She said the design and arrangement was very good though.

Take care and keep me up to date!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Aphi
2.gif
And I don''t think your flowers are too pink. I think it''s a nice blend of pink, marroon, and I love the dark green of the leaves. Maybe I just can''t tell through photos on the computer?

That''s a good thought about colors matching with pale skin. Maybe I''ll just have to get a tan before my wedding
31.gif
1.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I haven''t updated anything!! I made a few changes to the boutennieres and I just recently had my bridal shoot along with a few other developments... I''ll try to post them soon.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Bridal Shoot (amateur pics from daddy)

Well, I just had my Bridal Shoot on Friday in Mobile, AL. We originally wanted them done in Bellingrath gardens, but turns out that they charge $200 for a sitting fee if I'm not getting married there. Highway robbery!! So we told them to shove it and took pictures all over downtown Mobile. I haven't been able to see the photographer's shots, but my parents came along and my dad took some decent ones. I'll be sure to post a link when the photographer gets his online. Here's a couple of my dad's pictures to tide you over in the meantime....

This first picture is a silhouette beneath some magnolia trees...

P5260093.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
yay! I can't wait to see bridal pics too! But that will be a while, huh? I'm glad to hear things are moving along and I'm looking forward to any updates
4.gif
How much longer till the big day?

eta: oh! you did get pics! cool
9.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Bridal Shoot cont. (amateur pics from daddy)

This next one was just me standing there listening to what the next plans were going to be... You can't see it as much in these two pictures, but my chest looks HUGE in the rest of them. I think it's because of the undergarments... They just push everything up! I think that's the main thing I don't like about my dad's pictures...

P5260106.JPG

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 6:45:32 PM
yay! I can't wait to see bridal pics too! But that will be a while, huh? I'm glad to hear things are moving along and I'm looking forward to any updates
4.gif
How much longer till the big day?

eta: oh! you did get pics! cool
9.gif

He said it should only take a couple of days to get them up. He was hoping to have them up that night, but he had a wedding to shoot the next day so he might've been busy with other things.

ETA: Oh, I forgot to say... A LITTLE OVER 5 WEEKS TO GO!!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Bridal Shoot cont. (amateur pics from daddy)

This last one is of my chinese dress.. I really hate that it makes me look fatter than I really am. I just hope the photographer's pictures of it look better..

STAY TUNED AND I'LL POST A LINK TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S SHOTS AS SOON AS THEY'RE ONLINE!

P5260107.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
You look so beautiful, Aphi! Very classy with the long white gloves.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 6:55:08 PM
You look so beautiful, Aphi! Very classy with the long white gloves.

Thanks sunkist! I'm so self-conscious, so it really means a lot to hear that.
8.gif

I also forgot to add that I wore clear heels underneath that just happen to light up when you walk. Totally cheesy, I know, but they were the only clear shoes I had. I wanted to wear heels to this because it was outdoors and I totally didn't want the bottom of my dress to get dirty.. My photographer LOVED them!! He kept making me light them up and he snapped away.. It was so funny. I told my mom it would've been cool if I could wear the heels to the ceremony. Can you imagine me walking down the aisle with my dress shining light out from the bottom??? Totally tacky, but original and fun at the same time. Oh well.. Too bad I'm too tall...

SanDiegoLady: Thank you so much!! I was totally floored when I saw your dress! It's absolutely exquisite!! I can't wait to see it on you!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Bridal Shoot cont. (PROFESSIONAL!!!!)

Wow, that was quick! My photographer just emailed me the site to my pictures... He definitely got better ones of the chinese dress. I love them!!

Dear family and friends of Jennifer,
You are invited to see Jenn''s bridal potraits online. Prints can be ordered directly and securely online if you wish. There are two easy steps to see the photos:

Step 1) Follow this link --------> http://bradwaltersphoto.lifepics.com/

Step 2) Enter this Event Code --------> Jenn

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous!!! I love the professional photos #26 and 29!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those photog shots with the pillars and the magnolias are just breathtaking!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Aphi, there is no need to be self concious. You look gorgeous in all your photos! Although I know sometimes it''s hard to not be self concious, it happens to the best of us
3.gif
heehee! But really your pics are amazing, and your cheongsam turned out perfectly. I''m so happy that it worked out! The red color looks so good on you. You''re lucky to have the dark features. I hope I look as good in that red!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gosh! you look amazing! i love 16 & 41. those are some killer sexy red heels!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful pics, Aphi! You are gorgeous in both dresses. Some of those shots look like magazine ads.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful in the wedding gown and chinese dress! Are you half asian and half caucasian? You have some most interesting and charming charactersitics of both!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!! It feels so good to hear all that!

ZhuZhu, I am half Chinese and half European (anglo-saxon countries.. France, Sweden, Germany and Wales to be exact). Thanks for your compliments!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
You look gorgeous, APhi!!! I love the close up face shot...I think it''s #26? You just look so stunning in it! You will be a beauuuuutiful bride, thanks for sharing your pics with us!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are a stunning girl, and I think you have done an incredible job planning the whole thing. It sounds like it will be an amazing day! You can always be a wedding planner!!! Seriouslly, everything looks wonderful and like you have left no stone unturned! Congrats...the big day is almost here!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Wow!! You look soo pretty, and both dresses look amazing on you!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Great pics, Aphi! I love the interesting poses you have in some of them, and you look beautiful in the two face shots on pg 2 (the b&w & color one beside it). You looked terriffic!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
You look elegant and gorgeous but I must say I REALLY love the gloves! Such a glamorous tradition. Very high drama; looks great!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Toss Garter
Well, here's my first attempt at making a garter. It's royal purple and gold, the colors of my fiance's fraternity. I think I did pretty good considering I'd never touched a sewing machine before! It only took me about 2 hours to figure out how the thread the darn thing...

Anyway, it's hard getting the true color with my camera in my room. The bulb in here has a yellowish tint to it and the flash is just too bright. The first picture is without the flash and the second is with the flash.

Cost: about $5.00

SAE Garter.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Bridal Bouquet
I had a really hard time with this one. I couldn't decide if I wanted a cascading or a round bouquet. My matron of honor suggested a cascading one because of the simplicity of my dress and my mother also suggested cascading because she doesn't see it very often anymore. So I went with that, but I couldn't get the darn flowers to do what I wanted!! Turns out it was because they were on the stems wrong. They are ALL orchids and those came with like ten to a stem, which doesn't arrange in a bouquet very easily. So, I had to buy individual stems and attach each blossom to its own stem. Talk about a pain! I think I ended up with about a hundred orchids in this bouquet. I'm not sure if I really like it, but I'm at the point where I'll settle for anything.

Cost: approximately $20.00

Bridal Bouquet.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Aphi, is the bouquet a practice one with real flowers, or are they silk? Either way, it''s beautiful. The colors are great, and the cascade is really cool.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Selkie,
All my flowers are artificial because my mother has severe allergies to pollen. This bouquet is the one I'll be walking down the aisle with. I'm not sure what you mean by a practice one?

Thanks for the compliments.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
The Toss Bouquet
Made from leftover flowers...
Cost: approximately $2.00

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Oops. forgot to attach picture...

my toss bouquet.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 8:27:28 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae
Hi Selkie,

All my flowers are artificial because my mother has severe allergies to pollen. This bouquet is the one I''ll be walking down the aisle with. I''m not sure what you mean by a practice one?

Thanks for the compliments.

Oh, I didn''t remember you were using silk. I plan to, too. I thought at first they were real, and then realized that since you have two weeks to go, either they were artificial or you were doing what some other people have done, and made a "trial run" with real flowers. I''m SOOO impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results