shape
carat
color
clarity

Apartment sized washer/ dryer?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:wavey:

Does anyone know of a washer/ dryer (one unit) that runs on 110 and hooks to a sink?

I know I've seen two products like this before although they're rare, it was years ago, and I don't remember what the companies' names were.

Anyone know of anything?

I'm going to the laundromat because my new place doesn't have a washer and dryer (and they won't allow me to hang a clothes line, cause I'd just wash my clothes by hand and hang them up outside- but can't) and I can't tell you how much I hate the laundromat.

It's expensive, it's a trip I have to take that I otherwise wouldn't, it burns other people's soap (people use five gallon buckets of perfumed detergent, ugh) and dirt into my clothes. I'm pretty much allergic to the chemicals. So, to me, I can't stand the smell of the clothes, can't stand to wear them, don't want to even be near them.

I still would find a way to get out of it but SO insists it's necessary. This is the one thing I don't like about my new place.

Thanks for any information.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The bad news about those combo washer/dryer units is that they take forever to dry. Like 4-5 hours for one load.

If you google "washer dryer combo reviews" there are tons of them out there. LG makes one.

But there are pretty lousy. And they heat the place up while they are trying to dry. I don't know why they haven't figured out how to make these things work yet.

Maybe a laundry delivery/pickup service? Use google maps to find your address, then search "organic laundry" under the "search nearby" button. They are popping up all over these days. Do you have a doorman/concierge? Maybe ask them. . .

Enjoy your new place! :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you just buy a washer and then hang your clothes on a drying rack inside your house? I use the drying rack for a lot of my clothes and it works well.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1309184112|2956113 said:
Can you just buy a washer and then hang your clothes on a drying rack inside your house? I use the drying rack for a lot of my clothes and it works well.

Same here, though it doesn't work well for sheets and towels because they feel crispy rather than soft...but pretty much everything else goes on the drying rack. I have a sturdy metal one, but they range from the cheap wooden ones to full, awesome drying rack systems.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
My friend has an all-in-one unit by LG and iLander is right- it does take forever for stuff to dry. They're also insanely expensive (at least the model she got was crazy). Do you have space for a little one unit (but just looks like stacked washer and dryer)? The one we have in our rental works really well. Its a small front loader but doesn't take up a ton of space. I will look into what model it is and how it is powered when I get home tonight. If this won't work and you don't want to fork over the money for an all-in-one I agree with Thing2 and Octavia that just getting the washing machine and then using a few drying racks into your own home would be the next best option.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
my neighbors have a meile. it's small and takes forever to dry a tiny load so they air dry everything.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine has a Splendide combo unit which she attaches to her sink (Very similar to this model: http://www.splendide.com/splendide_WDC7100XC.htm). It takes about 4 hours to do a full load (wash and dry) and the capacity is fairly small, but overall she seems quite happy with it. It certainly beats going to the laundromat. The Splendide models are also commonly used on RVs and boats.

I believe Miele, LG, and Asko all make similar combo units.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results