shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything special planned for Valentine's Day?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. But I did make a lot of customers happy!

IMG_20200213_095624.jpg IMG_20200213_102341.jpg IMG_20200213_095633.jpg IMG_20200213_083851.jpg

Yummmmmmmmmm!!!! Drooling all over the screen now and it isn't for the bling. That is a change. @soxfan you are a creative genius and true artist and you are making me so hungry! :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, Mr. Bear :)

20200215_102434.jpg

It still seems surreal to be called someone's wife, but it sure is nice to get cards like this now :)

Aww so sweet. How is your mom doing @Rubymal? Hope she is continuing to improve and do well. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My partner and I got each other small gifts and cards. My big gesture this year is actually for my gal pals. I rented out a very fancy hotel suite with a large en suite jacuzzi and shower room for a spa day and have a masseuse coming :)

Oh I love this! What a great friend you are and hope you had/have a wonderful spa day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am casually seeing a guy for, well it will be 3 years in May? but like my ex doesn't really celebrate holidays. So he didn't do anything other than wish me a happy Valentines via text. I have in the past gone overboard with Valentines day, so this time knew better : )
On my side I got my mom a card, sent e-cards to my sister and mil, and chocolates for my daughters. I did treat myself in when I got my kids that evening we got Chinese delivered!

Soxfan is that ice cream? So creative

That is so sweet of you. I used to send my sister and mom and dad Valentine's day cards and small gifts but haven't done that for years. I want to start again. Thanks for sharing and energizing me to start doing this again. Who doesn't love chocolates? And sweet cards? Glad you treated yourself to delicious take out too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do the same thing every year, the fresh market meal deal... for $50, it includes two filets, 1lb herb mash potatoes, and asparagus tips, a dozen roses and chocolate-dipped strawberries.

We get a bottle of wine and have a fire and I beat him at trivial pursuit. (Although one year he did win)

Yummy. And haha I love playing board games with my dh and beating him. It makes it that much sweeter. I am competitive at cards and board games but only with family. When we play with friends I actually want them to win. I am weird. Because when playing with DH I want to win so badly. LOL. Then I feel badly when I win by a huge margin. See? I am weird. Anyway glad you enjoyed and yes to mash potatoes and roses and chocolate dipped strawberries. YUmmmmmmm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH isn’t big on gifts and I’m finally coming around. Our compromise is gifting experiences instead. We do things outside of our comfort zones that the other person would enjoy. So for Valentine’s Day he did a climb/hike with me that was a little more difficult than he originally bargained for, and I arranged to dine at the Chef’s table at a restaurant that DH saw on a travel show. Both experiences were excellent. B7526306-45F3-4EEC-BF94-CFB41FB26351.jpeg BBCEB237-C6FE-4894-BD4C-07D510556CF5.jpeg 616B443C-99DC-40D0-99BB-1E0456C4A9E2.jpeg 2C655482-B444-43F3-855D-EFF19A30D32E.jpeg

Stunning views and I am with you on experiences together being super valuable over things. Glad you enjoyed and continue enjoying wonderful adventures together.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke to find beautiful tulips and a very sweet from DH. I knew it would be a long day since I had to take my son to the DMV to get his driver's license. Over a 2 and a half hour wait. But we went to lunch at a Mexican food restaurant next door and that killed an hour of the wait. It was really nice to have a one on one lunch with my son. That rarely happens. This evening none of the kids had plans (completely unusual!) We all went to a local diner and to an ice cream shop for dessert. It was such a great night. DH and I are always happy to have time with all the kids, fully knowing those times are fewer and further apart.

So sweet. And yes, cherish every moment. It goes (way too) fast. Before you know it. I never believed people telling me that until I experienced this for myself. The older we get the faster it all goes. Cherish every single second. Hold onto the wonderful feeling and know how much you all love each other.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always said that Valentine’s is for dating couples, and once married, we never really celebrated Valentine’s Day. However, dh decided to cook me a nice steak dinner tonight, so I decided to surprise him with a strawberry-banana cream pie that I picked up after work.

he surprised me after dinner with the most beautiful and thoughtful gift that he made himself!!!! This is a light box/ lamp he made with a 3D printer that he kept hidden in our bonus room walk in closet!
I was so shocked and emotional....this lightbox has pictures of all my kiddos including Noah my fur baby. 0F8C8248-E764-4821-B330-8B5D81E8940A.jpeg 4934A017-CB10-443C-93EE-911861347AD8.jpeg 3AD23619-E626-4225-90A6-EFFC19EF2998.jpeg FE7BD13C-539E-45B8-8BC1-3248ECA0E044.jpeg

Love this. It's beautiful. What a wonderful way to cherish memories. What a thoughtful gift from an amazing DH. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went out to dinner last night & both of us got sick from the food .... so much for romance
I hand made my dh a card & he is cooking today (even though he feels sick) which I really appreciate

Oh no, I am sorry you got sick from the food but so glad you and your dh have each other and make even the less pleasant days special. Because you are together. Hope you are fully recovered now and feeling good!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we dont do anything much anymore..hubby got me roses yesterday (he is working 12 hours today) he also got me a full tank of gas and compression gloves for my hands lol.....thats the kind of crap you get after 37 years of being together :lol-2::lol-2:

Aww that is true love!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a Philadelphia Orchestra concert this afternoon. One of the musicians proposed to another one of the musicians on stage. They got a standing ovation.

Oh my goodness, I love this. So romantic. And how many of us can say we got a standing ovation when we got engaged. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We bought ourselves a Peloton! I gave him a card today, our son ate all of the chocolate :lol: We're ordering in and waiting for the little to go to bed :D

Enjoy! We met the CEO of Peloton many years ago and he was super nice. My BIL loves his Peloton too. Enjoy getting into tip top shape!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Aww! LOVE this so much. You guys rock. True love and truly in love. Happy weekend to the newlyweds!

Thank you sweet Missy! You guys rock too. He's loving his platinum band and doesn't take it off. The honeymoon is continuing and I hope it doesn't end. Happy weekend to yall too!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, I am sorry you got sick from the food but so glad you and your dh have each other and make even the less pleasant days special. Because you are together. Hope you are fully recovered now and feeling good!

Thanks missy, yes we're ok.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Aww so sweet. How is your mom doing @Rubymal? Hope she is continuing to improve and do well. Hugs.

Thank you for asking, @missy. She is back at home now, resting. Getting better day by day :) hope you are having a good Sunday. *hugs too!*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results