shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything special planned for Valentine's Day?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we dont do anything much anymore..hubby got me roses yesterday (he is working 12 hours today) he also got me a full tank of gas and compression gloves for my hands lol.....thats the kind of crap you get after 37 years of being together :lol-2::lol-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we dont do anything much anymore..hubby got me roses yesterday (he is working 12 hours today) he also got me a full tank of gas and compression gloves for my hands lol.....thats the kind of crap you get after 37 years of being together :lol-2::lol-2:

We've been together 37 years too, @diamondringlover! And that's EXACTLY the sort of thing I want now in life! Someone who puts gas in my car? Oh yeah! Bring it on!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
We went out to dinner last night & both of us got sick from the food .... so much for romance
I hand made my dh a card & he is cooking today (even though he feels sick) which I really appreciate

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a Philadelphia Orchestra concert this afternoon. One of the musicians proposed to another one of the musicians on stage. They got a standing ovation.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We always said that Valentine’s is for dating couples, and once married, we never really celebrated Valentine’s Day. However, dh decided to cook me a nice steak dinner tonight, so I decided to surprise him with a strawberry-banana cream pie that I picked up after work.

he surprised me after dinner with the most beautiful and thoughtful gift that he made himself!!!! This is a light box/ lamp he made with a 3D printer that he kept hidden in our bonus room walk in closet!
I was so shocked and emotional....this lightbox has pictures of all my kiddos including Noah my fur baby. 0F8C8248-E764-4821-B330-8B5D81E8940A.jpeg 4934A017-CB10-443C-93EE-911861347AD8.jpeg 3AD23619-E626-4225-90A6-EFFC19EF2998.jpeg FE7BD13C-539E-45B8-8BC1-3248ECA0E044.jpeg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke to find beautiful tulips and a very sweet from DH. I knew it would be a long day since I had to take my son to the DMV to get his driver's license. Over a 2 and a half hour wait. But we went to lunch at a Mexican food restaurant next door and that killed an hour of the wait. It was really nice to have a one on one lunch with my son. That rarely happens. This evening none of the kids had plans (completely unusual!) We all went to a local diner and to an ice cream shop for dessert. It was such a great night. DH and I are always happy to have time with all the kids, fully knowing those times are fewer and further apart.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I got a Minion balloon with my favorite purple colored ribbon. We will hit our favorite place for happy hour before the crowds descend........

cheers--Sharon

Omg. We always do this!! The happy hour. Lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke to find beautiful tulips and a very sweet from DH. I knew it would be a long day since I had to take my son to the DMV to get his driver's license. Over a 2 and a half hour wait. But we went to lunch at a Mexican food restaurant next door and that killed an hour of the wait. It was really nice to have a one on one lunch with my son. That rarely happens. This evening none of the kids had plans (completely unusual!) We all went to a local diner and to an ice cream shop for dessert. It was such a great night. DH and I are always happy to have time with all the kids, fully knowing those times are fewer and further apart.
So jelly! How I wish I could spend time with my daughter! Went so fast! She’s in college now. Enjoy them!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
DH isn’t big on gifts and I’m finally coming around. Our compromise is gifting experiences instead. We do things outside of our comfort zones that the other person would enjoy. So for Valentine’s Day he did a climb/hike with me that was a little more difficult than he originally bargained for, and I arranged to dine at the Chef’s table at a restaurant that DH saw on a travel show. Both experiences were excellent. B7526306-45F3-4EEC-BF94-CFB41FB26351.jpeg BBCEB237-C6FE-4894-BD4C-07D510556CF5.jpeg 616B443C-99DC-40D0-99BB-1E0456C4A9E2.jpeg 2C655482-B444-43F3-855D-EFF19A30D32E.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've got 37 years, Austina, and we bother BECAUSE of that. Gotta keep the spark in it! And I really want him to feel noticed - specifically - every day. People do different things to achieve different goals. For us, he loves it when I sweet talk him, so I make a point of it. ::)

We spend every minute virtually every day together, so our thinking is that if we didn’t want to be together, we wouldn’t still be here. We both know how much we love each other, and do things for each other every day, so VD isn’t a big deal to us.

It‘s very sweet that your DH went to all the trouble of learning how to make such a lovely gift for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We spend every minute virtually every day together, so our thinking is that if we didn’t want to be together, we wouldn’t still be here. We both know how much we love each other, and do things for each other every day, so VD isn’t a big deal to us.

It‘s very sweet that your DH went to all the trouble of learning how to make such a lovely gift for you.

We’re like this @Austina Nothing wrong with making it a big celebration but as I wrote before it’s every day that is special for me sharing it with my sweet and amazing DH ♥
Though it’s fun celebrating I prefer to do it off the holiday. When it’s not crazy busy if that makes sense.

I'm enjoying these posts - very special to love and feel loved.

This was us on Valentine's Day LOL
9D7C00DD-99BB-41BF-9CDC-271C049105C6.jpeg

Lol love it. That was us too later in the day. :lol:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
It was our first Valentine's day as husband and wife- we got married in November. We had dinner planned but postponed, I took the day off work and spent all day with my mom in ICU. I brought her some roses though, and later on my husband cooked a steak dinner and brought it in containers for us to eat in the waiting room.

I did have the softest teddy bear waiting for me after we got home from the hospital. I'll take a photo of him later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was our first Valentine's day as husband and wife- we got married in November. We had dinner planned but postponed, I took the day off work and spent all day with my mom in ICU. I brought her some roses though, and later on my husband cooked a steak dinner and brought it in containers for us to eat in the waiting room.

I did have the softest teddy bear waiting for me after we got home from the hospital. I'll take a photo of him later.

@Rubymal I’m so sorry and hope your mom is doing better. You will have so many more Valentine’s Day celebrations with your DH. Not to mention anniversaries birthdays and many other happy occasions to celebrate. Sending you hugs and your mom lots of well wishes.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry about your mother @Rubymal and I hope she's ok soon. Really nice of your dh to do that. Must have been very comforting for you. I know it's stressful having an ill family member.

collier

Shiny_Rock
We do the same thing every year, the fresh market meal deal... for $50, it includes two filets, 1lb herb mash potatoes, and asparagus tips, a dozen roses and chocolate-dipped strawberries.

We get a bottle of wine and have a fire and I beat him at trivial pursuit. (Although one year he did win)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
We had delicious steak and bronzino dinner out! My hubby surprised me with a card yay! He never does a card lol so this was special. 20200215_115043.jpg
And he gave me a dolphin heart necklace that represents our honeymoon in December swimming with dolphins! 736255
I gifted him a 4mm plat band and now are matching! I have the 3mm plat band and love it. 736256
I have 3 wedding bands and one he has 2 and we are thrilled to have matching bands! Hope everyone has a romantic and fun weekend!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing, business as usual as I am on my own.

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We do the same thing every year, the fresh market meal deal... for $50, it includes two filets, 1lb herb mash potatoes, and asparagus tips, a dozen roses and chocolate-dipped strawberries.

We get a bottle of wine and have a fire and I beat him at trivial pursuit. (Although one year he did win)

All this for 50 bucks???? Here the roses alone are that! Lucky you!:appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am casually seeing a guy for, well it will be 3 years in May? but like my ex doesn't really celebrate holidays. So he didn't do anything other than wish me a happy Valentines via text. I have in the past gone overboard with Valentines day, so this time knew better : )
On my side I got my mom a card, sent e-cards to my sister and mil, and chocolates for my daughters. I did treat myself in when I got my kids that evening we got Chinese delivered!

Soxfan is that ice cream? So creative

Last edited:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
@Rubymal I’m so sorry and hope your mom is doing better. You will have so many more Valentine’s Day celebrations with your DH. Not to mention anniversaries birthdays and many other happy occasions to celebrate. Sending you hugs and your mom lots of well wishes.

Thank you, @missy . You are always so kind and thoughtful! <3

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry about your mother @Rubymal and I hope she's ok soon. Really nice of your dh to do that. Must have been very comforting for you. I know it's stressful having an ill family member.

Thank you, @junebug17 . Yes, it was nice and he also brought coffee for us. I always try to find the silver lining, things could always be worse and when they are not, I am grateful.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
As promised, Mr. Bear :)

20200215_102434.jpg

It still seems surreal to be called someone's wife, but it sure is nice to get cards like this now :)

collier

Shiny_Rock
All this for 50 bucks???? Here the roses alone are that! Lucky you!:appl:

I know!! And they are still on the dining room table and have opened beautifully into a lovely pink.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My partner and I got each other small gifts and cards. My big gesture this year is actually for my gal pals. I rented out a very fancy hotel suite with a large en suite jacuzzi and shower room for a spa day and have a masseuse coming :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing, business as usual as I am on my own.

DK :))

(((HUGS))). You may be on your own for now but you are amazing on your own and never say never as none of us know what the future holds...but it is delicious anticipating the possibilities. And knowing no matter what you are A OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had delicious steak and bronzino dinner out! My hubby surprised me with a card yay! He never does a card lol so this was special. 20200215_115043.jpg
And he gave me a dolphin heart necklace that represents our honeymoon in December swimming with dolphins! 20200214_181112.jpg
I gifted him a 4mm plat band and now are matching! I have the 3mm plat band and love it. 20200214_181330.jpg
I have 3 wedding bands and one he has 2 and we are thrilled to have matching bands! Hope everyone has a romantic and fun weekend!

Aww! LOVE this so much. You guys rock. True love and truly in love. Happy weekend to the newlyweds!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results