shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything special planned for Valentine's Day?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't spend a lot of money on Valentine's Day in general, but always do something - normally go out to dinner. This year we said we would exchange cards and something we made ourselves. Well, hmmmm. It sounded good in theory. DH stuck to the plan, but I buckled entirely, and tried to compromise by only buying fairly boring gifts! (sox, slippers, guy soap - because he is very tired of smelling like No 5! - a Starbucks gift card and a gift card to our local diner)

But DH started a couple of weeks ago and went and chatted to the nice ladies at Michaels about how to make scented candles. :)) Once he worked out the recipe, he did a miniature test run, which was on my tray with my brekky in bed this morning. When that was successful, he made a larger version, using a beautiful container and scented it with pure lavender oil bought directly from a lavender farm in California. He bought lovely silk ribbon and gave the finished product to me with 2 dozen long stemmed roses. What a wonderful man he is!

He also made me breakfast in bed - which is no mean feat when your wife only eats a keto diet! He made 'chaffles' (cheese waffles - in this case, cream cheese), which use almond flour instead of regular flour, served with a scoop of home made 'mason jar' chocolate ice cream and a few fresh blackberries, all served on a tray...with a little lavender candle. ::) And, of course, a wonderful card.

I just love that man to bits! Seeing my very blokey-husband measuring proportions of lavender oil to get just the right balance, and experimenting with dots of dye to get the right color, was entertainment in and of itself, and warmed my heart. No jewelry this year, but this man has a twinkle in his eye brighter than any diamond. <3

Happy Valentine's day to you all!

PS No photos of chaffles, chocolate ice cream and blackberries - I scoffed it down before taking a photo of it even entered my head!

20200212_220814.jpg

20200214_092854.jpg

20200214_092652.jpg

20200214_113101.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely! Happy Valentine's Day! We're actually eloping today. We got our paperwork completed this morning and we're attending a formal gala event tonight where we will say our vows. We're thrilled! We're going to have a Valentine's Day wedding anniversary!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely! Happy Valentine's Day! We're actually eloping today. We got our paperwork completed this morning and we're attending a formal gala event tonight where we will say our vows. We're thrilled! We're going to have a Valentine's Day wedding anniversary!

FABU! Congrats!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing! Enjoy every minute & huge congratulations!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always do cards, a small gift & dinner out, but for the last few years our girls have (quite rightly!) decided to geg in on the day, so now we have dinner at home & include them. We always get them a small gift bag from "? And ?" containing chocolates, a card & a couple of small gifts. This year they chose Pizza Express, so I currently have a fridge full of various pizzas & garlic dough balls, waiting for Mr T to get home, who is on an early train as we speak.

This morning I got a huge bouquet of flowers, a card, a fancy box of chocolates, some L'Occitaine handcreams & a beautiful bedside box for my daily pretties, which actually knocked my little socks off! On the front he had a lovely rhyme engraved on a silver plaque, including both of our names. I have always popped my daily wear jewellery up on a bedroom shelf at night, away from toddler fingers. But the girls are now 9 & 10, so he figured I could store it safely & neatly by my bed rather than in a pile :lol: This is a poor picture as the light was fading & my flash kicked in, but you get the gist....
IMG_20200214_162839.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I got a Minion balloon with my favorite purple colored ribbon. We will hit our favorite place for happy hour before the crowds descend........

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day @mrs-b :love:
LOVE that your DH made you a delicious Keto breakfast. I subscribe to the school of thought that actions speak way louder than any words can and your DH shows you every day how much he loves and adores you. What an amazing DH. As you are an amazing DW to him.

My DH is recovering from total knee replacement surgery but even if he wasn't we don't usually go out for Valentine's day to a restaurant since it's too crowded and commercial. Instead, we are attending Swan Lake next weekend. We both love the Swan Lake ballet.

Every day with my DH is Valentine's day in a way. Our lives together is romantic and a fairy tale of sorts. I am so grateful and thankful to have my sweet dh in my life and that we are sharing our lives together. No more perfect man for me exists and truly it was meant to be we found each other. He is my b'shert.

Sorry for the mush. :kiss:

Back to everyone's Valentine's day plans.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations @Tanzigrrl! This is a very happy Valentine's Day for you indeed.:kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that your DH made you a delicious Keto breakfast. I subscribe to the school of thought that actions speak way louder than any words can and your DH shows you every day how much he loves and adores you. What an amazing DH. As you are an amazing DW to him.

My DH is recovering from total knee replacement surgery but even if he wasn't we don't usually go out for Valentine's day to a restaurant since it's too crowded and commercial. Instead, we are attending Swan Lake next weekend. We both love the Swan Lake ballet.

Every day with my DH is Valentine's day in a way. Our lives together is romantic and a fairy tale of sorts. I am so grateful and thankful to have my sweet dh in my life and that we are sharing our lives together. No more perfect man for me exists and truly it was meant to be we found each other. He is my b'shert.

That is beautiful Missy and I'm so happy for you that you have a romantic fairytale life with your man!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
We don't spend a lot of money on Valentine's Day in general, but always do something - normally go out to dinner. This year we said we would exchange cards and something we made ourselves. Well, hmmmm. It sounded good in theory. DH stuck to the plan, but I buckled entirely, and tried to compromise by only buying fairly boring gifts! (sox, slippers, guy soap - because he is very tired of smelling like No 5! - a Starbucks gift card and a gift card to our local diner)

But DH started a couple of weeks ago and went and chatted to the nice ladies at Michaels about how to make scented candles. :)) Once he worked out the recipe, he did a miniature test run, which was on my tray with my brekky in bed this morning. When that was successful, he made a larger version, using a beautiful container and scented it with pure lavender oil bought directly from a lavender farm in California. He bought lovely silk ribbon and gave the finished product to me with 2 dozen long stemmed roses. What a wonderful man he is!

He also made me breakfast in bed - which is no mean feat when your wife only eats a keto diet! He made 'chaffles' (cheese waffles - in this case, cream cheese), which use almond flour instead of regular flour, served with a scoop of home made 'mason jar' chocolate ice cream and a few fresh blackberries, all served on a tray...with a little lavender candle. ::) And, of course, a wonderful card.

I just love that man to bits! Seeing my very blokey-husband measuring proportions of lavender oil to get just the right balance, and experimenting with dots of dye to get the right color, was entertainment in and of itself, and warmed my heart. No jewelry this year, but this man has a twinkle in his eye brighter than any diamond. <3

Happy Valentine's day to you all!

PS No photos of chaffles, chocolate ice cream and blackberries - I scoffed it down before taking a photo of it even entered my head!

20200212_220814.jpg

20200214_092854.jpg

20200214_092652.jpg

20200214_113101.jpg

Really sweet of your husband @mrs-b he really loves you and there's nothing more romantic than breakfast in bed. Your roses are gorgeous and the candle is really thoughtful and I'm sure smells fantastic. So happy you have an awesome man!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I am newly married and thrilled to have our first married Valentine's! We started off the day walking on this cold morning to a favorite diner and having a delicious breakfast. On our walk back, we stopped and got a delicious chocolate brownie. Then stopped elsewhere for an iced coffee and met the most wonderful in the coffee shop! She was full of class and said I was a looker and what a dame with dimples! She congratulated us on our marriage and it was so just nice to have such a warm interaction! I worked from home today and am almost done. I think there might be some gifts later. We plan to take another walk and enjoy a romantic steak dinner out :kiss2: Happy Valentine's to all! This day can be tough if you don't have a partner or something stressful is occurring and I'm sending you a hug and know that today is also love your self as your own Valentine too.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
We always do cards, a small gift & dinner out, but for the last few years our girls have (quite rightly!) decided to geg in on the day, so now we have dinner at home & include them. We always get them a small gift bag from "? And ?" containing chocolates, a card & a couple of small gifts. This year they chose Pizza Express, so I currently have a fridge full of various pizzas & garlic dough balls, waiting for Mr T to get home, who is on an early train as we speak.

This morning I got a huge bouquet of flowers, a card, a fancy box of chocolates, some L'Occitaine handcreams & a beautiful bedside box for my daily pretties, which actually knocked my little socks off! On the front he had a lovely rhyme engraved on a silver plaque, including both of our names. I have always popped my daily wear jewellery up on a bedroom shelf at night, away from toddler fingers. But the girls are now 9 & 10, so he figured I could store it safely & neatly by my bed rather than in a pile :lol: This is a poor picture as the light was fading & my flash kicked in, but you get the gist....
IMG_20200214_162839.jpg

So sweet and thougtful and I LOVE seeing your jewels @Alex T

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After almost 42 years together, we don’t bother :lol:

We've got 37 years, Austina, and we bother BECAUSE of that. Gotta keep the spark in it! And I really want him to feel noticed - specifically - every day. People do different things to achieve different goals. For us, he loves it when I sweet talk him, so I make a point of it. ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet and thougtful and I LOVE seeing your jewels @Alex T

I've always kind of hated valentines day haha. But we are doing charcuterie and nice wine for dinner. No gifts or flowers. Maybe some chocolate tomorrow when its 50% off XP

Nothing wrong with celebrating with saving some money! And wine an charcuterie sounds fab! Have a lovely evening. <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am newly married and thrilled to have our first married Valentine's! We started off the day walking on this cold morning to a favorite diner and having a delicious breakfast. On our walk back, we stopped and got a delicious chocolate brownie. Then stopped elsewhere for an iced coffee and met the most wonderful in the coffee shop! She was full of class and said I was a looker and what a dame with dimples! She congratulated us on our marriage and it was so just nice to have such a warm interaction! I worked from home today and am almost done. I think there might be some gifts later. We plan to take another walk and enjoy a romantic steak dinner out :kiss2: Happy Valentine's to all! This day can be tough if you don't have a partner or something stressful is occurring and I'm sending you a hug and know that today is also love your self as your own Valentine too.

Beautiful, @bling_dream19! Sounds like a perfect day. ::)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's AWESOME!! <3 <3 <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I got a Minion balloon with my favorite purple colored ribbon. We will hit our favorite place for happy hour before the crowds descend........

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal - I remember once I came home to Australia for a 3 month visit while DH was still in the UK for work. He took all the candles in the house and melted them down together into one, and put it in the window every evening, so I would be able to 'find my way home' to him. He only told me that when I got back to the UK; he's not a showy kind of guy, and does the things he does sincerely, rather than for an 'oooh - aaahhh' response. And he knows I love color and ribbon, so he bought me lovely ribbons and shipped them to me, so I could use them to tie up my hair and think of him while I was away. Now THAT'S romance!

So I'm all for ribbons! And nobody was ever hurt by receiving a balloon. :))

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @mrs-b that's so romantic! I love it.

It's definitely more important to me to do an act of service. Valentine's Day has never been a thing for me at all, I'd rather be loved and appreciated on a random day and not just because it's commercialized. Sadly I say that, and there's a small part of me that wouldn't mind being swept off my feet just once for an evening oozing with romance. It's the struggle between the practical me and the dream to be a character in a Jane Austen novel.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The most perfect day - fresh air & delicious food :kiss2: Enjoy your dinner this evening & happy first married Valentine's!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are such a sentimental little thing! And more power to you! Too much edge and not enough mush in this world. More power to you and the love of your life! <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_20200214_162839.jpg

Ok. I have to know what the rhyme is! Spill pls! And - sounds like a lovely evening coming up at your house! Happy Valentine's Day, Alex! <3

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b that's so romantic! I love it.

It's definitely more important to me to do an act of service. Valentine's Day has never been a thing for me at all, I'd rather be loved and appreciated on a random day and not just because it's commercialized. Sadly I say that, and there's a small part of me that wouldn't mind being swept off my feet just once for an evening oozing with romance. It's the struggle between the practical me and the dream to be a character in a Jane Austen novel.

This is me too! Mostly the practical me wins out, but every now & again I will sweep my curls up & be Jane Austin :Up_to_something:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal - I remember once I came home to Australia for a 3 month visit while DH was still in the UK for work. He took al the candles in the house and melted them down together into one, and put it in the window every evening, so I would be able to 'find my way home' to him. He only told me that when I got back to the UK; he's not a showy kind of guy, and does the things he does sincerely, rather than for an 'oooh - aaahhh' response. And he knows I love color and ribbon, so he bought me lovely ribbons and shipped them to me, so I could use them to tie up my hair and think of him while I was away. Now THAT'S romance!

So I'm all for ribbons! And nobody was ever hurt by receiving a balloon. :))

@mrs-b

Cool story! I'm going to start wearing ribbons in my hair again--I like thin velvet ones!

BTW I love balloons!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b

Cool story! I'm going to start wearing ribbons in my hair again--I like thin velvet ones!

BTW I love balloons!!

When you've been married a long time, it's the small things, don't you think?

And I LOVE velvet ribbons!! And I saw the photo of your hair on another thread. WOWZA!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results