shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone worried about wearing their jewelry during this time?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are allowed off our property each day for one hours exercise, and essential food shopping once a week. It's government driven. Apart from the odd emergency shop visit, such as the one I did to a small corner shop a few miles away last week for wine. That was definitely an emergency!

All non-essential businesses have been closed here for a while - this is the third week. There are only food shops, pharmacies & Doctors open. Essential workers are working, but everybody else, where possible, are having to work from home or close. We live in a small village & everybody has managed to relocate work to their homes, with the exception of a Doctor. The government are financially supporting people with 80% of their salary whilst they can't work & employers, where possible, paying the other 20%.

The social distancing thing here has been enforced quite hard & new laws passed to allow patrolling police to stop you & ask where you're going. This weekend was tough in the cities for people in apartments, as the weather was hot & people went out to parks. They mostly did maintain distance from other groups, but were sent on their way by police & park gates were locked. It's strict, but the effects are expected to start showing over this next week with cases & deaths dropping.

We are very similar in NZ
I don't think we are tough enough
I know its hard for people with no yards but in my town everyone has a front yard and a backyard
If we can stamp this out and everyone stays home like we are told we will all survive this

i think of Ann Frank and how much better of we all are

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. The penguin bands are my favorite. And I love that we have matching penguin bands. Penguins are our favorite birds. They mate for life. And they always dress so smartly.

penguinsinlove.jpg

Completly off topic but i know you have no wild penguins up there

This is the yellow eyes penguin found down home on our $5 note (Sir Edmond Hillary is on the otherside)

i could show you lots of real penguins 5_BACK_v12_flat_300dpi-1300x636.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course! People are free to do whatever they feel is right for them, and I wouldn’t presume to tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t be doing with their jewellery, if it makes them feel better or happy to wear theirs, then good on them. I haven’t been out of the house for a few weeks now, so I’m not wearing any jewellery ATM.

Oh girl no !!!
I want everyone to be blinged up to the nines like Princess Margaret in these dark days, i need to bask in the collective glow from all those sparkles!
790cec7cef3574ce439a8a648825a335.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm still wearing my bling staples (wedding set, studs and solitaire pendant). That being said, I leave the house to grocery shop 1x a week tops,and I'm wearing a mask and gloves (most Californians are shopping with masks and gloves now) so the only thing people are noticing is probably the mask and gloves. Don't think anyone is paying any attention to bling, especially when most of it is covered. I don't even put on make up when I leave the house because 80% of my face is covered (I wear glasses as eye protection)!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm still wearing my bling staples (wedding set, studs and solitaire pendant). That being said, I leave the house to grocery shop 1x a week tops,and I'm wearing a mask and gloves (most Californians are shopping with masks and gloves now) so the only thing people are noticing is probably the mask and gloves. Don't think anyone is paying any attention to bling, especially when most of it is covered. I don't even put on make up when I leave the house because 80% of my face is covered (I wear glasses as eye protection)!
adding picture

Attachments

• B1FCDB57-775B-4C7F-BDF4-63EB28866538.jpeg
    B1FCDB57-775B-4C7F-BDF4-63EB28866538.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 32

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven t left the house in a couple weeks, so the other day I got dressed up at home and put on lots of bling. My sons are like 'wow, mom, you look nice'. I was thinking they were getting pretty sick of seeing me in exercise pants and shirts every day (after noon). It all felt surprisingly heavy. Guess I won't be doing that again.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped wearing my rings all together. I won't wear my pearls out because they are porous and don't want any nasty viruses to catch a ride on them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results