shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with glasses have this issue?

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
When you view your diamond with glasses, does it filters some of the "fire" so you just see white light? Strangely, as bad as my eyesight is, when I take off my glasses, there is a lot of flashes of color from the diamond. Does that sound plausible or am I going crazy?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. since my eye sight is horrible I always wear contacts, I will try to wear my glasses to see if there is any difference when I get my ring back this week~

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not noticed this with my glasses.

In fact I would suspect the opposite of what you described . . .
It would make sense if your vision is such that without the focus from your glasses the flashes of color are too blurry for you to make out.
If so the problem would not be your glasses.
The problem would be your eyes.

But what you are describing is the opposite, so I'm stumped.

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
Well, my vision is bad...so my eyes being a problem....not foreign to me.... :tongue:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gibson486|1305659549|2924127 said:
When you view your diamond with glasses, does it filters some of the "fire" so you just see white light? Strangely, as bad as my eyesight is, when I take off my glasses, there is a lot of flashes of color from the diamond. Does that sound plausible or am I going crazy?

Yes - I know *exactly* what you mean Gibson - my myopic eyes see blinding, sizzling firecrackers that dull really pitifully when I put the glasses on 8)

Different lens materials bend different wavelengths differently - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration I reckon the fact that everything *is* blurred is a big part of it too - blurred bright flash of light = bright flash of light with blurred edges = "apparently larger" flash of light, and against a blurred, patchy grey background the flash stands out more than a clearly outlined flash against a dynamic black/silver/white background does..

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have the same issue! If I want to see an explosion of colored light, I just take off my glasses. :D

I should also note that I see differently out of each eye. I had a retinal reattachment done in my right eye almost five years ago, and without my glasses on I wind up focusing out of only my left eye. :(

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Refractive index of the lenses, perhaps.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't really noticed that, but I noticed that my glasses make my diamond look a bit smaller. Then, when I put my contacts in, it looks bigger again. I'm not really sure why!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results