shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with an asscher cut sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Hallo all :)

i''m thinking about having a new ring made with a central asscher cut sapphire.

if anyone has anything like this or similar, could they post their photos and stats please? i''m looking at 2.5-3ct for my ring, but photos of asscher shaped sapphires of any size would be very much appreciated.

thanks!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Whitby:

I have a couple of pics from Leon''s site. Both of asschers but with different shaped side stones. If you can lean back and *squint*, imagine a blue asscher centre and diamond sides instead...

pic 1:

r01501Ww.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak has a GORGEOUS asscher sapphire.
Do a search for Neatfreak sapphire.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of asscher''s that Jeff White cut:

JW1.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 9:39:53 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Neatfreak has a GORGEOUS asscher sapphire.

Do a search for Neatfreak sapphire.

thanks iluvcarats. i found neatfreak''s ring - wow!

Losty, i actually did lay back in my chair and squint! could see better that way :) i know i''m uming and ahhing about side stones, but i''m really sold on the idea of an asscher set central stone, now i have to buy the stone!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
When I get home tonight I will post pics of mine. It's a beautiful asscher sapphire with a super delicate diamond halo. One thing to consider when getting an asscher sapphire thought is it's color. I didn't think mine was too dark loose but set you can't tell it's an asscher. You can't really see the steps or the windmills.
7.gif
It still looks stunning...but I wish I had chosen a lighter stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak's Asscher sapphire is gorgeous! I forgot it in my list of my faves, but it combines my two most favourite things - Asschers and Sapphires!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 10:11:03 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
When I get home tonight I will post pics of mine. It''s a beautiful asscher sapphire with a super delicate diamond halo. One thing to consider when getting an asscher sapphire thought is it''s color. I didn''t think mine was too dark loose but set you can''t tell it''s an asscher. You can''t really see the steps or the windmills.
7.gif
It still looks stunning...but I wish I had chosen a lighter stone.

thanks, stepcutgirl - that was a really useful comment.

i''ve been concerned not to go with something too light - so it hadnt occurred to me that there was a sort of ''cut off'' as to how dark i could go.

thanks for the tip.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 9:38:11 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Whitby:

I have a couple of pics from Leon''s site. Both of asschers but with different shaped side stones. If you can lean back and *squint*, imagine a blue asscher centre and diamond sides instead...

pic 1:

Losty - can i have your opinion on this ring pls? which parts of it do you think WONT translate well to asscher sapphire + pearl diamonds?

and anyone else who wants to chime in on this - please do! ellen? your thoughts on the leon ring?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 6:30:02 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Losty - can i have your opinion on this ring pls? which parts of it do you think WONT translate well to asscher sapphire + pearl diamonds?

and anyone else who wants to chime in on this - please do! ellen? your thoughts on the leon ring?
I don''t know, it''s hard not having a straight on shot. And, what shape are we imagining the sides?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 6:52:55 PM
Author: Ellen

I don''t know, it''s hard not having a straight on shot. And, what shape are we imagining the sides?
I think unless she''s making up a new shape
9.gif
, I think she means "pears"!

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock

Hey Whitby

The one thing (IMHO) about an asscher cut sapphire, is, unless it's a WICKEDLY WELL CUT NOT TOO DARK piece, you may be disappointed. StepCutGirl is right too about colour, but that can change depending on the shape and cut.

I may not be the right person to ask this, 'cause my original search was for an oval or a roundish cushion....I was DEAD SET on one. But sapphires can kind of 'woo' you into complete submission...which is what happened with mine...let me try an find the thread about my agonizing over changing the shape...

Once I saw the round, I had to re-think my design for the ring to suit the new shape.... But when it's the ONE, it's THE ONE. (most dangerous part of this process: when it's "THE ONE" you'll pay for it...even if over your budget!)
31.gif

LS

(off to find the thread of me trying to make up my mind....)

ETA: here it is, all 13 pages of agonizing waffling/whining/whinging until
SQUEEL!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gemscoop-is-posted.88994/

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...here''s my ring.

sapphire918.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
With flash...you can see the windmills. I couldn''t get any closer or it blurred really bad.

sapphire918flash.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
And w/o flash...how it really looks...just square.

sapphire918nof.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 7:08:37 PM

9.gif
, I think she means ''pears''!

LS
LOL! yes - pears! (sorry)

i''m definitely getting what you''re saying about the look of the stone and the need for a terrific cut; i''d be pretty upset if at the end of the process i had a flat looking dark stone. do you have any suggestions on who i should go to for a beautifully cut stone? i''m also wondering whether i''d be better off to swap to a cushion. i really did have my heart set on an asscher tho, and i think that leon design of the asscher with the ruby pears on each side is awesome! i might also start a thread in ''colored stones'' to see if anyone has any suggestions for where to go for great cut sapphires.

Losty - i do love that sapphire you posted, but it seems a tad light to me.... well, it DID, but now i''m wondering if that might be the sort of color i should go with. i''d be happy to go with a company like ''cherry picked'', but from what i know of them, their prices are top dollar.

kinda feeling a bit lost in this...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi stepcutgirl :)

thanks so much for posting pictures. i see exactly what you''re saying and i really do want a stone which conveys the true asscher look under all conditions.

if you have any suggestions or alternatives - pls speak up! and stone utters would be appreciated greatly.

thanks so much for your help,

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
WHITBY!

Get yerself over into the Colored Stones section. We''re all waiting for you!!! Post your thoughts and you''ll be amazed what advice and help you''ll get.

Truth is, we''re all a big bunch of enablers.
9.gif

LS

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif

LS
9.gif
Well I thought mayyyybe, she had changed her mind.
2.gif
However, those pears "seem" to have a fairly squared off top, and that may be why they are blending in against the stone pretty well. Unless hers are just like that shape, it might not work as well. Plus, we still don''t have a full view.

whitby, I had also thought about the darkness not showing the cut as well. I had meant to ask you in the other thread how deep a stone you were wanting, but got sidetracked. Perhaps you "could" consider a round or cushion sapphire, the pears would definitely flow better with them. And then go with something lighter for the Asscher? I mean, that would mean one more ring.....
31.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 7:24:18 AM

9.gif

LS
9.gif
2.gif
However, those pears ''seem'' to have a fairly squared off top, and that may be why they are blending in against the stone pretty well. Unless hers are just like that shape, it might not work as well. Plus, we still don''t have a full view.

whitby, I had also thought about the darkness not showing the cut as well. I had meant to ask you in the other thread how deep a stone you were wanting, but got sidetracked. Perhaps you ''could'' consider a round or cushion sapphire, the pears would definitely flow better with them. And then go with something lighter for the Asscher? I mean, that would mean one more ring.....
31.gif

ellen,

the truth is i want YOUR ring! and i want Losty''s ring! and i''m pretty sure neither of you are going to give them to me! so i''m looking for something that might hit the things i love best about each of your rings...in the one piece of jewelry. but i''m starting to think you''re right - that just may not be possible. as far as depth goes, i''m starting to realize i probably cant go too deep with a sapphire and still retain its color. i''m fine with that - tho it isn''t what i had initially envisioned. it would be a pretty big departure for me, tho, to move away from the asscher idea - it''s those ''steps down into the blue'' which i just love os much.

i''m gonna wander over to the colored stones section and see what they have to tell me; i suspect a lot!

thanks ellen - i''ll keep you posted. something tells me the stone of my dreams isn''t going to turn up fast or easy.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 6:42:12 AM
WHITBY!

Get yerself over into the Colored Stones section. We''re all waiting for you!!! Post your thoughts and you''ll be amazed what advice and help you''ll get.

Truth is, we''re all a big bunch of enablers.
9.gif

LS

i just love enablers....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 8:25:26 AM

ellen,

the truth is i want YOUR ring! and i want Losty''s ring! and i''m pretty sure neither of you are going to give them to me! so i''m looking for something that might hit the things i love best about each of your rings...in the one piece of jewelry. but i''m starting to think you''re right - that just may not be possible. as far as depth goes, i''m starting to realize i probably cant go too deep with a sapphire and still retain its color. i''m fine with that - tho it isn''t what i had initially envisioned. it would be a pretty big departure for me, tho, to move away from the asscher idea - it''s those ''steps down into the blue'' which i just love os much.

i''m gonna wander over to the colored stones section and see what they have to tell me; i suspect a lot!

thanks ellen - i''ll keep you posted. something tells me the stone of my dreams isn''t going to turn up fast or easy.
lol You''re right, I''m not giving it up.
11.gif
2.gif

I''ll be watching to see what transpires!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 7:24:18 AM

9.gif

LS
9.gif
2.gif
However, those pears ''seem'' to have a fairly squared off top, and that may be why they are blending in against the stone pretty well. Unless hers are just like that shape, it might not work as well. Plus, we still don''t have a full view.

whitby, I had also thought about the darkness not showing the cut as well. I had meant to ask you in the other thread how deep a stone you were wanting, but got sidetracked. Perhaps you ''could'' consider a round or cushion sapphire, the pears would definitely flow better with them. And then go with something lighter for the Asscher? I mean, that would mean one more ring.....
31.gif
If I can put my two cents in..... I don''t think those are pears in that Leon ring. I think they''re shield cuts.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl

i see what you''re seeing too. they''re very flat at the top for pears....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 8:43:54 AM
Author: gemgirl

If I can put my two cents in..... I don't think those are pears in that Leon ring. I think they're shield cuts.
I wondered, I thought they seemed awfully square at the top.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m following you over to the colored stone forum. I''m starting to consider a sapphire again for my ering...I''d like to use an asscher but after you saw my ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results