shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with a non-ideal diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

salmon

Shiny_Rock
Dee Jay,

do you see what your blingy rock did to me? I was so enthralled and blinded by it''s sheer beauty, I FORGOT HOW TO SPELL!! I didn''t know blingy diamonds could cause dyslexia. My God I''m Doomed. I have enough problems. The Pricescope admin team should put up a warning:

Danger: The site you''re about to visit can and will cause temporary insanity, blindness, and dyslexia. The knowledge gained from this site will cause B&M owners & employess to hate you. Overuse of the site will land you in the poor house. You''ve been warn!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 10:40:34 AM
Author: salmon
Dee Jay,

do you see what your blingy rock did to me? I was so enthralled and blinded by it's sheer beauty, I FORGOT HOW TO SPELL!! I didn't know blingy diamonds could cause dyslexia. My God I'm Doomed. I have enough problems. The Pricescope admin team should put up a warning:

Danger: The site you're about to visit can and will cause temporary insanity, blindness, and dyslexia. The knowledge gained from this site will cause B&M owners & employess to hate you. Overuse of the site will land you in the poor house. You've been warn!!
and will cause you to spit pepsi out your nose if you read it while drinking pepsi!

btw you owe me a new keyboard!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Uh, yeah, I have some non-ideal diamonds--that''s all I have, in fact.
5.gif
And they''re not "almost" ideal, either. I don''t have any that are certified, so they''re just plain diamonds. All the ones I still have (there were a couple of little ones I couldn''t stand to wear any more when I started learning about diamonds and what nice ones look like) are small, sparkly and gorgeous.
2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 8:12:13 PM
Author: Logan Sapphire
My center stone isn''t ideal either- it''s a 61/61 and I''ve always found it somewhat lacking in my own mind b/c it''s not ideal. But then I added two ideal side stones and I can''t tell a difference at all! I think I''d built up what an ideal must be in my mind but honestly, they don''t look any different than my non-ideal. Maybe there would be more of a difference if the stones were bigger...

I agree w/Logan here. DH had his uncle choose my stone, bc he is a GG, and my poor DH was overwhelmed by the info on PS, (he later admitted he found PS when he was ring shopping but decided to trust his uncle.) I didn''t know about PS before I was engaged. Post engagement, I found PS cuz I was trying to learn more about my stone.. and I was initally way disappointed to find out my stone wasn''t an ideal. (I actually forget exactly what the specs are, I think its a 61/59 or something.) Anyhow, I finally got over it when I compared an ''ideal'' stone to mine in a similar size, and I found I couldn''t see a difference in regular, indirect daylight. In fact, you could see the arrows on my stone better!

Probably I will buy ideal cut for future RBs, for peace of mind, esp if I buy online, but I am happy w/my non-ideal diamond!!

My mom does have a pair of poorly cut diamond studs from Macy''s though, and you can tell they don''t sparkle as much... so cut does matter, but I think sometimes the difference between a 0.5% of an angle isn''t going to kill you, ya know?!! (I must be insane, I know!)

I love the cushions and radiants and fancy cuts out there that don''t have those ''perfect'' specs you can count on, I love stones w/personality!!! Besides.... what I *really* want is a huge honkin'' asscher... so I''ll just have to wait... for a long time! heeh!
2.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t own an ideal diamond as far as I know-
My e-ring has a transitional brilliant- it sparkles like mad and has great symmetry for an antique cut. Only thing I would change about it is the color.

Have a 1ct OEC that I am having put into a pendant- it is very deeply cut and definitely doesn''t sparkle as much as my e-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results