shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with a lab diamond with stria - how does it affect light performance?

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
I purchased a lab from the BG Premium line and just noticed that I can see windex type streakiness when viewing the diamond on their website. It seems a bit more pronounced than in similar sized labs. I was assured that the diamond is a sparkler and it won't affect light performance. Currently going through CAD to create the setting through them.

Am I overthinking? Picking another stone would mean paying at least $600-$1000 + more since the options are a bit more limited. Not sure if I want to throw another grand on a 1.5 lab. This is not an engagement ring. More like a replacement ring until I decide whether to resize my wedding rings or lose weight to fit them ahahhaha.
I also realize that there is a cluster of inclusions on one side of the diamond but that doesn't bother me since it probably won't be super noticeable. Hoping one of the prongs will cover some of it up.

Does anyone have a diamond with similar stria and can comment on how it performs?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert by any means but I really like the looks of this diamond. The cut appeals to me and my old eyes don’t see stria or the inclusions on my iphone quick viewing.
I’ll tag @DejaWiz and I think @Kim N because they are the bomb at this! Good luck.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Definitely CVD - I don't even need to check the grading report for details.
Most likely going to be just fine - BG is trustworthy and I've only seen a couple of CVD diamonds listed that I'd skip due to material quality. This probably isn't going to be one of them, so everything should be A-OK.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I do see the graining in the videos, I don't think BGD would put a diamond with problematic CVD material in their premium line. I would just evaluate it thoroughly in a lot of different lighting environments while you're in the return period.

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! Your replies give me a lot more confidence in going ahead. Also keeps my spending in check...

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I bought a 4.5 ct diamond with stria for cheap for occasional wear because I don’t usually wear big diamonds. It is hard to judge light return because it is a fancy cut. But it looks clear, not cloudy.

Blown up photo
IMG_9701.jpeg

On hand
IMG_1238.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could see very subtle stria in my OMC from Ritani. It looked like just a bit of waviness in their enlarged photos. The diamond does not go cloudy or look dull in direct sunlight.

I admit that I was so bothered by everything I read about CVD diamonds and stria that I keep looking for it in my CVD diamonds in any light they don't look their best. I feel some reassurance when my natural diamond bands also don't look their best in poor lighting when I wear them next to my CVD diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results