shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone wear their hair down and curled?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I''m brainstorming ideas for hairstyles on the big day. I have long black hair that is extremely thick and straight (like stick straight). While I love the look of updos, somehow I''ve never looked good with an updo (I had it done for high school prom as well as the senior ball in college and just didn''t like the way I looked in photos). I decided for my wedding day I''d like to wear my hair down or at least mostly down, but I don''t want it to be plain and I don''t want to look like how I look every day, which would be boring. I saw this on a website and really liked it.

Does anyone want to share pics of their hair down for their wedding? How would a veil look with down hair? Should I add some jewelry for my hair to make it not so boring? Thanks for your help!
3.gif

curly.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 3:46:58 PM
Author:eleguin
I''m brainstorming ideas for hairstyles on the big day. I have long black hair that is extremely thick and straight (like stick straight). While I love the look of updos, somehow I''ve never looked good with an updo (I had it done for high school prom as well as the senior ball in college and just didn''t like the way I looked in photos). I decided for my wedding day I''d like to wear my hair down or at least mostly down, but I don''t want it to be plain and I don''t want to look like how I look every day, which would be boring. I saw this on a website and really liked it.

Does anyone want to share pics of their hair down for their wedding? How would a veil look with down hair? Should I add some jewelry for my hair to make it not so boring? Thanks for your help!
3.gif
Wow, you have such beautiful hair!!! I think I might wear my hair half up as well. Our wedding is not going to be that formal, and I don''t think I look like myself with a fancy tight updo...but who knows I change my mind about this every week or so.

Here are an ideas I came across, but I really love what you did to yourself already, it looks fabulous!!!

halfup_oldhollywood.jpg

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
That''s essentially the look I want for myself. Either that or the sheet of shiny smooth wavy hair like the Fructis commercials! (I keep using it but my hair has yet to look like the ads!
31.gif
) My hair is naturally thick and a bit wavy so I''m not sure how to get it to be controlled but not formal curls in humidity no less!

I''m going to wear a headband of proclein flowers and pearls. I think it was supposed to be a tiara, but it works as a headband. My fi always compliments me when I wear one, and it adds a special princess touch while not making things formal. (Getting married barefoot on beach)
5.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t sure if that pic on your post was you or something you found online. It looks fabulous!

You say your hair is stick straight... how well does it hold curl? Can you be sure the curls will last through the day/night? I think fallen curls would be worse than straight "everyday" hair. I ask because I have hair that I''m growing out and while I''d love to wear it long and curly like that, curls only last about an hour in my hair, regardless of how its done. My hair is fine and straight on its own, but with ringlets around my face that make me think it WANTS to curl, but just won''t hold on.

And it''s ok to just say NO to the bridal updo!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any photos to share, but that is similar to how I want my hair: half up and curled. I think it is very simple, yet romantic, and certainly timeless. If you do an image search for Tiffani Amber Thiessen''s Wedding, she wore her hair in a similar style (Yeah, I know she isn''t exactly the ideal celeb. to model your wedding after, but her hair looked pretty amazing).

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses! Curlygirl, I love your hair! The hair jewelry is gorgeous too. What does your hair normally look like? In response to the question about how my hair will hold up curls, I''ve never had my hair temporarily curled. I had it permed a few years ago and it stayed really curly for a year until it grew out, although the gelling and styling was a huge pain for me. I am having a hair trial next month and I''d like to have them try something like that. I like the half-up look, but I want hair to frame my face. I just don''t like it when there is nothing around my face.

Any other pics are welcome, thanks again!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the mostly down partly up look with a tiara type thing on the top of your head...very elegant and pretty to me...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m going back and forth between having my hair half-up half-down and curled and just having it up. I don''t personally have any pictures yet, though!

Wedding Bee just had some hair ideas along these lines -- I really liked some of these styles, and one of the girls is wearing a veil.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and you might want to check out Avril Lavigne's wedding -- this thread has a bunch of pictures

AvrilWedd00.jpg

Her hair is more wavy than curly, but you can still get an idea of what down wavy/curly hair with veil looks like.

I'm also in love with Jorman's hair:

Hair%20Do%2007-01-06.jpg

(I hope it's okay that I'm posting this pic here!)

ETA some pictures of Marcia Cross:

79942_wed6_76lo.jpg

wed.0.jpg

Once again, not spiral curls, but curly-ish and with veil.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of putting something in your hair. When I got married, I wore it down, and had small pearls and rhinestones wired into it. It was fun. Getting them out that night was interesting.....

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I''m wearing my hair mostly down and curled. I have long, very curly hair so I''ll be straightening it first, then putting large, loose curls in. I like Jessica Simpson''s wedding hair and also Carmen Electra''s wedding hair. Just make sure you use a good hair spray to keep those curls in especially if the wedding''s outside or on the beach like mine

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore mine in loose curls, half up.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took inspiration from Jessica Simpson''s hair for her wedding. I did a quick google search and there are hardly any pictures of it anymore...go figure.
2.gif
But she had some gorgeous cascading curls.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 2:14:05 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I took inspiration from Jessica Simpson''s hair for her wedding. I did a quick google search and there are hardly any pictures of it anymore...go figure.
2.gif

Haha, I did the same search last night with the same results. If anyone''s truly interested in seeing pictures though, I''d bet that her wedding book would have a bunch.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 4:22:42 PM
Author: Blenheim

2.gif

Haha, I did the same search last night with the same results. If anyone''s truly interested in seeing pictures though, I''d bet that her wedding book would have a bunch.
And it''s probably on clearance.
2.gif
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 5:26:23 PM
Date: 1/15/2007 4:22:42 PM

Author: Blenheim

2.gif

And it''s probably on clearance.
2.gif
9.gif

I just went to Amazon out of curiousity, and it starts at $94 dollars new. Prices on half.com range from $35 to $145. WHAT!?! I can buy a textbook for less than that. Okay, maybe you shouldn''t get her book just to see pictures of her hair.

One of the comments that someone wrote: "I wonder if she''s going to "write" a second book called "Jessica Simpson I Don''t: Achieving Your Dream Divorce"." Ouch.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Eleguin!

As Blenheim posted (and of course I don''t care
2.gif
) I wore my hair half up half down with long tendrily curls. The stylist, who was amazing cause I never had a test run, actually tied each tendril in a knot close to my scalp to help the curl hold it''s volume...my hair doesn''t like to keep curls...

Here are a few more pictures. We added orchids to compliment my bouquet, but you could easily add jeweled pins, a different type of flower a veill or nothing at all....

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Okay- I tried to post more than one picture and it totally didn''t work...
Here is one at a time:

IMG_9038.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
and another:

IMG_9048.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
and one more:

IMG_9095.jpg

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of pics that show off my hair pretty good. I have very thick naturally curly hair and half up half down was the only way I could really wear it. It looked so nice and simple. I loved my headband too. My hairstylist straightened my hair first then barrel set it...
Nicole477.jpg

Nicole621.jpg

Nicole515.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results