shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone wear Edwardian/Deco dinner ring for wedding ring?

DominaMusica

Rough_Rock
Does anyone wear one of these fabulous, finger-covering dinner rings instead of a traditional band/solitaire set?

I know we should embrace what we love, but we were so intimidated by some folks in our first jewelry selections that I still cringe inwardly. I have a lovely Whitney Boin band that doesn't fit me well, and a lovely 1.70 solitaire that sits too high for me to wear comfortably (I'm a professional musician and it spins and falls and gets totally in the way, so it just sits sadly in my jewelry box).

In a perfect world, I'd be able to afford an incredible custom, low-profile reset from Single Stone or Victor Canera for the 1/70 solitaire diamond, but their settings are about three times what I can afford right now.

I love the dinner rings because they are totally unique, I love and prefer antique cut stones, and these give you a big bang for your buck and seem to mostly sit almost flat on the finger, which would be perfect. :love:

What do you fantastic people think?
And you lucky antique-wearers out there, how do you think these rings hold up to normal daily wear? Edwardian%20ring.jpg

DominaMusica

Rough_Rock
Please post pictures of your gorgeous dinner rings, I would love to see them and I'll bet everyone else would, too!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a filigree ring with a 1/3 carat diamond in a 15 mm filigree setting. It doesn't look good with a wedding band so I wear it alone. It's a similar style to what you posted. I love it! It's not my engagement ring, but I bought it for myself about 5-7 years ago and wear it regularly. I find it wears very well. It was reshanked to bring it from a size 3 or 4 to a size 7 and I've no problems with wear at all.

stci

Ideal_Rock
yes yes yes and it's beautiful! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I bought a marvellous ring such as you describe from an Estate; young man parted with his Mother's "wedding ring" as he had no "use" for it: but it is a treasure to me. OEC perfection. Since I have a "few" rings, I do alternate and have worn this ring on that "left" hand ring space.

Perhaps I could post a picture--but I have such problems upload pics on this site!

I love your choice!

cheers--Sharon

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Hi DominaMusica, gorgeous ring you posted there! I had my ring made to resemble an old edwardian ring I had seen (but was too late to buy :(( ) because I loved its 'flatness'. It never catches on anything...

flat ring.jpg

flower pic.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
My 1920's ring is filigree with a very low profile (have added picture of profile). It does have a very thin shank however so although I wear it a lot I do have to think about what I am doing because it definately would not stand up to a hard knock. The women that wore these rings generally were not as active or hands on as women are today and this does need to be taken into account

That said I love the look of a dinner ring on that finger, its a great idea.

AD%203.jpg

DominaMusica

Rough_Rock
MizNina, what a beauty of a ring! And I love how low it is! Lottie, that is so elegant!
I'm glad to hear that some other ladies are wearing these rings, too. I love the posted pictures? :appl:

I don't have one yet...I've been watching eBay for years, and am just starting to look around in antique stores in Dallas for one to call my own. I might approach a designer with my original engagement stone in hand and a picture to see if they think they can duplicate it, but I would love a true antique. I think these older, low-profile rings are just stunning. And they seem very practical, too, with lots of bezels and things to protect the stones.
This is the best picture I've ever found, if I could actually find this ring somewhere:
Best%20ever%20Edwardian%20ring.jpg

Of course, the better the rings are, the higher the price...then I start veering away from "saving" money and moving back towards something custom to fantasize about!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MizNina|1321772225|3065506 said:
Hi DominaMusica, gorgeous ring you posted there! I had my ring made to resemble an old edwardian ring I had seen (but was too late to buy :(( ) because I loved its 'flatness'. It never catches on anything...

Love this ring!!!! :)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1321833287|3065769 said:

ditto that! one of my faves on PS!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Ok well I really did you a favor and dragged myself through about 20 pages of some of the most incredible eye candy ever...no wait I did myself a favor lol. Anyway I have never bought anything from him but I know he will make settings to fit your stone, I still wish we would have just gone with him for my e-ring instead of awful service B&M in town. He might even be able to recreate the ring you have a picture of. Either way his stuff is totally worth looking (and drooling) at.

I l :love: ve this one and its super low too!! Sapphires

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-ART-...064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b419c3b0

Oh rubies :love:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-75ct...006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efd9352de

Emeralds yum :lickout:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-ART-...336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba90ef20

more sapphires I'm partial :cheeky:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ART-DECO-86...969?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efd9352b9

Diamonds ;-)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-STY...082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba36cfd2

A statement for sure!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ART-DECO-1c...307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23152abb1b

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear these on occasion.

003_5.jpg

MizNina

Shiny_Rock

Aww thanks Amys Bling 8) I sometimes wonder if its not a bit too much, but I love it anyway thanks again :wavey:

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
mrs. taylor|1321835935|3065796 said:

ditto that! one of my faves on PS!

Wow mrs. taylor thats quite an honour thank you so much! :))

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'll have you know I have it saved in an inspiration folder! It makes my heart skip a beat every time I see it!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Very sweet of you thank you x

DominaMusica

Rough_Rock
These are gorgeous rings! I wonder why there aren't more being made currently? It seems like the Halo-style settings are all that people get these days (and they ARE lovely, they are just kind of ubiquitous - I wonder if they will look dated at all in ten years?) and those are inspired by vintage settings. The reproduction Edwardian settings I can find online are all really pretty, but too generic for me to feel like it's worth the money. I think I'm going to have to look for someone willing to take a stab at one from scratch. Anybody done that?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results