shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone wear a "Wide Band" with the ER???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a wide wedding band to wear with my ER. I don''t want to take away from the diamond so I wanted to see some photos. My ER is a marquise. I will attach photos

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ronda.

I got married with a 0.75 ct marquise and an 8 mm wide wedding band (1986). The only picture I have is in my wedding album, but I''ll see what I can do.

I have very long fingers so it fit me and my personality at the time. I''ve been married for nearly 19 years, and the trend these days seems to be toward very thin bands that show off the e-ring diamond better. I have since upgraded my diamond and am in the process of having a new setting made very different than that orginal look.

DiamondLil

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 10:25:39 AM
Author:woobug02
I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a wide wedding band to wear with my ER. I don''t want to take away from the diamond so I wanted to see some photos. My ER is a marquise. I will attach photos

Hi,

I have two wide bands that I wear with my Ering. One is an 8 mm yellow gold band.

wide band 2.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the second wide band I wear with my Ering. It''s a 1 ctw half eternity band that is about 10mm wide.

wide diamond band.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am probably going to get a wide band to wear alone, but I want skinny bands with my ering.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
My ering is a .75 round. I also have a 2 carat diamonique (CZ) that I bought just for fun and to wear on vacations and things like that. It''s a marquise. I''ll try to take a picture of it with my bands, too if you like. It looks nice, too.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are awesome! I love the two diamond bands on either side, but I also think a wide band would look nice, too.

My mom always wore a wide gold band. I thought it looked elegant and classy, to that''s what I wear, too a lot of the time. I also have two ring guards that I wear my solitaire with, and the diamond band. So I guess you could say I have several combos that I can use. I also just had a 1 carat diamond 5 stone band made, and I can also wear that with my ering. I think it''s fun to have a lot of different looks. I like variety, and would probably be bored if I could only wear my rings one way all the time.

I often wear my band rings alone, without the ering for everyday and working around the house. I need something on my finger, or I feel naked! The wide bands look very nice all by themselves, I think.

I have small hands and very short fingers, and the wide bands look ok on my hand I think.

I have a thread which shows all the combinations I have, but I am too stupid to know how to post the link to it!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!! Does you spouse care that change you wedding sets around???? I too think it would be fun to do different things. I love my set but when I am going to the grocery or just wearing jeans I think it is a little much :)

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 12
6.gif
2:21 PM
Author: woobug02
Thank you!! Does you spouse care that change you wedding sets around???? I too think it would be fun to do different things. I love my set but when I am going to the grocery or just wearing jeans I think it is a little much :)

No, my husbnad doesn''t care. As long as I''m happy, he tells me to "knock myself out" and do whatever I like.

I have LOT of jewelry. Several diamond rings and colored stones. I try to wear all of them, but only like rings on my "ring" fingers. I tell you, it''s a job, but somebody has to wear all this pretty stuff.

I don''t have "major" diamond yet, because I''ve always been a fan of smaller stones. My husband wants to buy a larger diamond for our 15 year anniversary (next year), so I''ll probably end up with a 1.5 or bigger. I''m still not sure if I want one that big or not, but I guess if he buys it, I''ll wear it! I''ve seen a ring (I think it''s Patty''s ring) that is a three stone with a diamond center and saphhires on either side. Our anniversary is in September, and sapphire is the stone for september, so I think that would be romantic. That''s what I''d like if he buys me a larger diamond. Not a solitaire. I prefer smaller diamonds for solitaires. Yesterday when I was at the mall, I stopped in a jewelry store where a couple of my friends work. They weren''t busy, so I tried on some rings. I tried on a nearly 2 carat solitaire, and I thought it looked too big on my hand. It was so big, it looked fake on my finger. My friend said I''d get over feeling that way, though, if I had a diamond that size...
2.gif

I''ve just purchased a .5 carat solitaire from WF in the royal crown yellow gold setting. I love it! It was one of their cut above hearts and arrows. I had to send it back yesterday for resizing, and I can''t wait to get it back so that I can wear it. A few weeks ago, I had my .75 carat solitaire reset in a yellow gold tulipset. I talked to the jeweler, and they are going to let me switch it out for the white gold tulipset mounting. Then I will have both a white gold and yellow gold solitair, thus adding to my variety. I''m also having another 5 stone band ring made, just like the yellow only in white. I am a lucky girl, I have all these diamonds and pretty rings to play around with! Most of them I inherited, so they didn''t even cost me a lot, other than the price of the mounting and setting of the stones.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful!!! I too only like to wear rings on my ring finger. I have a beautiful sapphire in white gold that I got last summer and then he got me the ring I posted for christmas. I want to alternate them but wasn''t sure if that was ok. I see so many ladies that have the same ring on always and never change. I thought I might be strange :)

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Rhonda,

Who cares what other people do? As long as you are happy, and hubby is happy, do what you like!

When I wear my ering with the 10mm diamond band, I always wear the ering on the inside and the band outside. People have critisized me for wearing it that way, because the wedding ring is supposed to be on the inside "closest to your heart". I don''t care, I think it looks funny the other way around, like my ering is too close to my knuckle or something, so I wear it the way I like it, and who cares what other people do?

On our 5th anniversary, my husband gave me a dark blue oval sapphire with white sapphire trilliants on either side of it. Sometimes I wear that instead of my ering with my wedding band. On our 10th he bought me a princess cut diamond fashion ring. Sometimes I wear that as a RH ring, sometimes with my wedding band. Whatever I''m in the mood to wear on any given day, I wear.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I tell you, it''s a job, but somebody has to wear all this pretty stuff.

sjz, LOL! It sounds like you need to grow a few more ring fingers to give fair time to all of your beautiful rings!

I got married with a 7mm yellow gold band and my e-ring band was 4mms. That was too much for me...they didn''t match and they weren''t different enough. So I had the e-ring filed down to 3mms and later to 1.5mms. I still have my original band but I don''t wear it any more because it''s too tight.

This is a terrible quality picture but it''s the best I could do in 1979! This is the 7mm and 4mm bands together:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
And this is how I used to wear my set after I got the anniversary ring:

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful......

Do you still wear the wide band. I feel so much better now :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear the wide band any more because it''s too tight.

My new wedding ring is very wide, though...about 8mms. And I wear it with a 2mm band on either side. So that totals 12 mms of yellow gold and bling!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I love your look :) WOWOWOWOW

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 4:33:28 PM
Author: woobug02
I love your look :) WOWOWOWOW
Why, thank you!!
9.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
*bump*

I too would like to see thin erings (about 2mm or so) with wider wedding bands (5mm+). If your wedding band is not wide but you have another band lying around the house that is wide, please kindly post those with the ering too!!! Thanks!!!

face23.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
dodger, it''s so funny you brought this thread back up! i am actually looking for the opposite...a wider E-ring with thinner W-bands. My e-ring may be 4.4mm wide, but i want an eternity w-band that is only 2.5mm at the most. i may need to start a new thread
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results