shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone wear a w-band only? Pics please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies, I am thinking about getting a wedding ring that would need to be worn alone. Has anyone here has done the same or if I'm alone on this? If not, I'd love to see pics of the bands that were worth it
2.gif
. Also, what did you do with your e-ring if not worn together? I'm guessing I'll wear mine on another finger...maybe...
19.gif

ETA: Here is the ring that I'm seriously considering.
0355058_lg.jpg

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
I only wear my new three-stone ring in an antique-style platinum setting on my left hand. Prior to that, I had a .79 pear shaped e-ring flanked by two smaller pears, .25 each. I wore a very thin platinum band with it.

I recently upgraded to my current ring and I occassionally wear my wedding band on my other pinky. I wish I had pictures to post.
8.gif

The wedding ring is beautiful, btw!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that wedding band. It''s beautiful!!!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear a w-band only, but if I had that stunning ring, I''m sure I would! It''s gorgeous...where did you find it? I think it would look stunning alone.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I guess I am alone on this one, LOL. Oh well, I think I''m still going to go for it.

Laraloo, that''s ok that you don''t have a pic. I still haven''t posted real pics. I can''t seem to take a decent picture. One of these days I''m going to have to send some time working on that, maybe after I''ve gotten that w-band on my hand
9.gif

Kaleigh & FireGoddess, thanks for the support. You ladies are always so kind, it''s no wonder I love these boards. PSers ROCK!

I found the band at Robbins Bros and it''s a steal. FI and I are going to order our rings this weekend. This will be the one if I love it as much as I did the first time I tried it on.

Now I just have one more question. Where should I wear my e-ring if not with the band? On the right ring finger, left pointer or some other?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LollyBear, that ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

I''d guess if you switched your e-ring to another finger, you''d probably want to wear it on the ring finger of your right hand? Do you have RHRs it would displace?

momothree

Shiny_Rock
I only wear my wedding ring on my left hand. It just doesn''t look right with my e-ring, which is an emerald cut with trilliants. I am thinking about resetting my e-ring at some point in the future, perhaps with something halo-ish, but even then I plan on wearing it on my right hand.
By the way, the ring you posted is just lovely!

5413.jpg

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Hi LollyBear!

Love that ring! I''ve sorta made a decision to go with just a band myself, at least for the next several years. I went with a band for engagement, and I think I''ve decided to use it as my wedding band when I get married. Eventually I may get an anniversary 3 stone and switch my e-band/w-band to my R hand. I suppose I could just keep it on my left as a w-band and wear a 3 stone on the R. I definitely feel that my band is substantial enough to stand on its own, and I really love it. Some people are a bit confused that I got it as an engagement ring, but I think these days you can generally do whatever you want. Make sure to post some hand pics of that stunner if you decide to go for it!

1.gif
, dizbug

EringOffResortBalcony2.jpg

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is it!
9.gif
FI and I are going tomorrow to order our rings.

BrightSpot, the only piece of jewelry I wear regularly is my e-ring, so all other fingers are free. I tried putting it on my right hand and it was so tight I cut myself getting it off,
39.gif
ouch. I better make sure where I want to wear it since it means a sizing is in order(didn''t realize one hand could be so different from the other).

Momofthree & Dizbug, HOLA, I''m so glad to have found some kindred spirits. Your rings are beautiful
30.gif
; definitely substantial enough to stand on their own. Seeing your elegant bands reassures me of my decision.
Once I get the ring I will see about taking pics to share.

Many thanks
35.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I''m so glad you decided to order that gorgeous wedding ring! Be sure to post hand shots when it arrives! I''d love to see a pic of your e-ring too!
36.gif

If you just wear your e-ring (and no other rings), you might as well get a fabulous w-band that stands alone & switch your e-ring to your right hand. (I can''t swap rings from left to right either as my right hand is 3/4 size larger than my left!)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful, LB.

I wear a wedding band and my e-ring together, but I did wear just a wide wedding band for nearly a year (12 mm Simon G) while I was trying to get my upgraded wedding set made. After I gave my diamond ring to a jeweler to make my new set, things went sour, and I ended up getting my diamond back minus the setting. I had the diamond in my posession but could not wear it!!! I would joke with my friends that I had it in its diamond paper and carried it with me in my bra.
2.gif

Now that I have my new set, I wear the wide band as a RHR. My fingers are close enough in size that I could move it with no problem.

I''d wear the e-ring on the right ring finger. I''m not an index-finger-ring person, but that''s just a personal preference.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey lollybear, that ring looks gorgeous! i can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say about 80% of the time, I only wear the w-band. I just don''t like the look/feel of two rings on one finger plus I love my wedding band and want it to be noticeable. (You can see some pictures here). When I get around to it, I"ll resize my ering for my right hand (it''s bigger) and just wear it there. By the way, that band is gorgeous, I''d definitely wear it by itself.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Dizbug, is that a five stone ring? What''s the TCW? I think that looks great. My wedding band is a five stone shared prong band with TCW of 1.25 (round stones) and I wear it alone sometimes.

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 7:18:24 PM
Author: sxn675
Dizbug, is that a five stone ring? What''s the TCW? I think that looks great. My wedding band is a five stone shared prong band with TCW of 1.25 (round stones) and I wear it alone sometimes.
Thanks! Yeah, it''s a 5 stone that''s 1.38 tcw, making the stones about 27 points each. I''m curious about your e-ring that you wear with your band. Do you happen to have a hand pic of the two rings together? I would love to be able to get an e-ring type ring to wear with my band, but I''m scared the "e-ring" would be overwhelmed by the size of the stones. What''s your take?

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

Here's a link with pictures of my set:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-own-a-ring-design-by-le.6917/

I said that the band was 1 carat, but I checked the papers and it's actually 1.23 (I think because it's graduated). My ring size is 6.25 and the solitaire is .97 (just for reference). It looks like your ring size is smaller because your ring looks huge on your hand!!!

ETA: I now wear the shared prong ring on my right hand and got a very thin pave eternity band for my wedding band because the diamonds were wearing into the prongs of my e-ring. So make sure to check on that....

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/8/2005 6:41:29 PM
Author: sxn675
Hi there,

Here''s a link with pictures of my set:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-own-a-ring-design-by-le.6917/

I said that the band was 1 carat, but I checked the papers and it''s actually 1.23 (I think because it''s graduated). My ring size is 6.25 and the solitaire is .97 (just for reference). It looks like your ring size is smaller because your ring looks huge on your hand!!!

ETA: I now wear the shared prong ring on my right hand and got a very thin pave eternity band for my wedding band because the diamonds were wearing into the prongs of my e-ring. So make sure to check on that....
Thanks for the link and description - what a lovely set! I bet your pave eternity ring looks fabulous with the solitaire - I love that look to show off a solitaire stone. My ring size is pretty small, as you guessed - it''s a size 4 on my left hand. Unfortunately, I wear a size 5 ring on my right, so I would have to resize my ring if I ever decided to switch it to the other hand. My thoughts currently are to 1) buy a whole new set for my left hand and switch the band to my right OR 2) get a three stone that can''t really sit flush with a band on my left and switch the band to the right OR 3) get a split shank or bezel set solitaire for my left and switch the band to my right. I suppose with options 2 or 3 I could just use the new ring as a R-hand ring. Who knows what will end up happening?! It sure is fun to think about it, tho!
21.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I know, it''s fun to have options! Or, you could just wear that for now and save up money so that you can get a really nice solitaire for you five year anniversary. Look at me, always thinking ;-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some ''band rings'' come with larger centerstones ... so there is no need to choose. Perhaps this is more of a European habit ?

These are rather wide and look awesome on long fingers or larger hands.
5.gif
But hei, I wouldn''t mind one either !

P258_1_1215200421856PM

link to source

jbr_pc2_z.jpg

link to source

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Well here it is. This is the best of the many, many pictures I took. From the quality of this pic, it''s easy to see why I''ve never posted any before. I''m useless when it comes to taking photos of jewelry. I guess this is better than nothing.
Thanks again to everyone who responded.

LollyWband.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my ering on my fiance''s hand. Photos I took on my own hand didn''t come out half a decent as this one.

LollyEring.JPG

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Even though it''s not crystal clear, i can tell it''s beautiful on your hand! I love it!
30.gif

CA2OH2005

Rough_Rock
Here''s my wedding band. I wear a size 7 and I apologize for how fat my fingers are. The band is about 2mm in width and tcw is 0.50 carats, color G-H. It is set in 14K white gold. I wear it solo when I''m around the house or doing chores.

WeddingBandSolo.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your fingers arent fat! That is just sillyness.

As for the band question, tehchiically this is not my wedding band, but it does look like a lot of the ones on here.
My RB eternity band I just wish I hadnt had so much self tanner on my hands when I took those pictures.
31.gif
. I hope this helps

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lolybear, the band looks great on you!
36.gif

It''s sooo pretty.
30.gif

Does your fiance wear the same sized ring as you?

I know you plan to wear it alone, but how about taking a picture of it with your e-ring too? I''d love to see them together!

CA20, I love your band! It''s so pretty how the gold sort of scallops inward between the stones.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
"Here''s my ering on my fiance''s hand. Photos I took on my own hand didn''t come out half a decent as this one."

face1.gif
That''s pretty funny! Maybe our next photo album should be our men modeling our rings? I''ve put my wedding set on my husband''s pinky a few times, but never taken a picture of it.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Patty, yes, we wear the same size ring. It was so embarrassing when we went to buy our wedding bands. Even though I tease him by saying he has girly hands, the truth is I have big mitts. (
39.gif
the shame)

I guess the picture of my e-ring doesn't really show why it can't be worn with that band. I'll give it another shot when I get home today. Any advice on picture taking is welcome.

Matatora, You're right about it not actually being a "wedding" band. I think the receipt called it an anniversary band, but I still think it'll serve it's purpose well.

I would prefer to have a nice set that screamed 'wedding'; it's just not in the cards right now.
The wheels are already turning on the eventual upgrade.
31.gif
The campaign will begin as soon as the honeymoon ends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results