shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching Real World Brooklyn?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
This season is good...and had a pretty different dynamic than the seasons that preceeded it...

Even as a woman, I have to say, I agree 100% with the guys...the women this season, well, a couple of them at least...are disgusting.

I love Ryan...I think he is so funny, and I find his personality to be pretty enchanting. As he becomes more and more comfortable and begins sharing more of himself with his roomates and the cameras, I find him to be a really relateable, intelligent, funny, talented guy. I really like him best of all.

I like Baia (sp?) too...I think she is sweet and quiet but she seems very fun. And I appreciate that she doesn''t seem to be there to be "dramatic" or grab camera time...she''s just so laid back.

I am finding myself liking Chet more and more...he seems incredibly genuine, calm, and like he''s always up for a good time. At first I was slightly put off by him...but...as the season unfolds, I find he''s less rigid and more "open". I appreciate his sense of self...he likes pink, so he wears it...he''s not trying to "prove anything" and that''s refreshing.

Scott...I like him too. I think he''s a bit of meat-head, but he also seems pretty grounded and mature. Not a bad combo.

J.D...well, I don''t him. I think his need for a family dynamic in house is pretty unrealistic. He is a complete "know it all" and likes to put people into boxes...and he has these blow ups that are totally overdone. In the beginning I was like "wow, he''s great"...but as he unfolds himself, he''s walking a fine line between being fine and bossy.

Devin--gag me. So annoying. She has proclaimed she is a diva...but I think she''s pretty trashy. She really is so hauty and full of herself...it''s a complete turn off. I don''t like her at all.

Sara....I like her because she seems like such a good person. Is she judgemental? Yes, to a point. But her spirit is good, and I think she does anything to intentionally be mean or hurtful. I see being honestly affected when she finds she''s hurt someone, and that to me is a measure of character as well...because everyone can over step a boundry sometimes, but its how you handle yourself once you''ve made aware that counts. And I believe she really does, at the root of it like helping. For example, her art therapy class...how generous of her.

And then we have Katelynn...ick. First of all, her being transgender was obvious from the jump. She has incredibly masculine features, she wasn''t fooling anyone. And I can also understand her excitement now that she''s fully female...but there is a level of modesty that she crosses all the time. Walking around in her underwear, using a support beam as a stripper pole...she''s a mess. And now she''s talking all ghetto and it''s just beyond me. I totally dislike her.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this season?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, I watch it too!

I totally agree with most of your opinions. Chet and Ryan can be a little immature at times, but I generally think they're cool guys and I would get along with them. And Chet is always surprising with how open he is about fashion and things, despite being from a conservative background. I think Baya (sp?) seems great and laid back, not a drama queen at all (still can't figure out why they picked her ... MTV is all about the drama queens
3.gif
). I like Sara, I agree that she is genuine and always tries to do the right thing despite getting judgemental at times. I see some of myself in her.

JD is starting to get obnoxious ... and so is Katelynn. Devin can be a little annoying, but all in all I don't really hate any of them or find them as annoying as I have some people in past seasons. Sometimes things seem to be cut to show certain house members at their worst, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. But they are definitely the three that I would least like to meet in person.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 10:01:00 AM
Author:Italiahaircolor
This season is good...and had a pretty different dynamic than the seasons that preceeded it...

Even as a woman, I have to say, I agree 100% with the guys...the women this season, well, a couple of them at least...are disgusting.

I love Ryan...I think he is so funny, and I find his personality to be pretty enchanting. As he becomes more and more comfortable and begins sharing more of himself with his roomates and the cameras, I find him to be a really relateable, intelligent, funny, talented guy. I really like him best of all.

I like Baia (sp?) too...I think she is sweet and quiet but she seems very fun. And I appreciate that she doesn''t seem to be there to be ''dramatic'' or grab camera time...she''s just so laid back.

I am finding myself liking Chet more and more...he seems incredibly genuine, calm, and like he''s always up for a good time. At first I was slightly put off by him...but...as the season unfolds, I find he''s less rigid and more ''open''. I appreciate his sense of self...he likes pink, so he wears it...he''s not trying to ''prove anything'' and that''s refreshing.

Scott...I like him too. I think he''s a bit of meat-head, but he also seems pretty grounded and mature. Not a bad combo.

J.D...well, I don''t him. I think his need for a family dynamic in house is pretty unrealistic. He is a complete ''know it all'' and likes to put people into boxes...and he has these blow ups that are totally overdone. In the beginning I was like ''wow, he''s great''...but as he unfolds himself, he''s walking a fine line between being fine and bossy.

Devin--gag me. So annoying. She has proclaimed she is a diva...but I think she''s pretty trashy. She really is so hauty and full of herself...it''s a complete turn off. I don''t like her at all.

Sara....I like her because she seems like such a good person. Is she judgemental? Yes, to a point. But her spirit is good, and I think she does anything to intentionally be mean or hurtful. I see being honestly affected when she finds she''s hurt someone, and that to me is a measure of character as well...because everyone can over step a boundry sometimes, but its how you handle yourself once you''ve made aware that counts. And I believe she really does, at the root of it like helping. For example, her art therapy class...how generous of her.

And then we have Katelynn...ick. First of all, her being transgender was obvious from the jump. She has incredibly masculine features, she wasn''t fooling anyone. And I can also understand her excitement now that she''s fully female...but there is a level of modesty that she crosses all the time. Walking around in her underwear, using a support beam as a stripper pole...she''s a mess. And now she''s talking all ghetto and it''s just beyond me. I totally dislike her.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this season?
My SO knew Katelyn, she hit on his best friend all the time in highschool pre op. He watches it ALL the time and is like obsessed with it.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I actually got into a little tiff with Katelyn today.
23.gif
She and some other real worlders post on a messageboard that isn't owned by MTV. I don't want to break any rules so I won't name it, but I'm not making it up! It's legit.

I know it sounds so lame that I even talk to them on there, but I'm a huge real world fan and I like going there to psychoanalyze the episodes once they air and to get the perspectives of the cast members.

Anyway, the little tiff was about not filling the gas tank. Apparently BMP (Bill Murray Productions) worked out some deal with BP (as in the gas chain) so they had to get their gas there. Katelyn said the gas station was too out of the way and they were trying to be home before curfew so they didn't fill it. And I told her that my mom wouldn't accept that as an excuse when I used her car in high school, and she pointed out that no one in the house is her "mom". Then I said something about having common courtesy, blah blah blah. It was fun. Not.

Am I cool since I've talked to them?
3.gif

Anyway, I pretty much agree with your assessment Italia. Except I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Chet and Ryan!!!!! Chet is my favorite by FAR. He has been from the beginning. I wonder if the people who posted on the last thread still think he's gay?
He just cracks me up so much. Even in this past episode when he was doing the webisode with Ryan at the market. Then later when doing the film and talking about how he had the more "demanding" part. He just has such a dry sense of humor that I love.

I actually like JD too. I think he's made a lot of mistakes but I see him putting in more of an effort than the others.

Katelyn posts the most on that site, and she is actually more intelligent then she comes across on the show. BUT she just doesn't hold herself accountable for anything and she absolutely DETESTS JD. Talks about it alllllllll the time. Apparently no one in the cast really talks to JD too much anymore. She is convinced that JD ratted her out about being transgender. But like Italia, I think it was pretty obvious from the get-go. However, she claims that the others told her they had no idea until JD told them.
33.gif

I really ABSOLUTELY dislike Devyn. Katelyn and Devyn post he most on the site and from what I can tell they really suffer from a "we're right, you're wrong" mentality, even now, when discussing conflicts on the show.

I do like Sarah, but it's turning out that she's not as sweet as I thought. I like Scott too, but not as much as the others.

And Baya is hardly ever shown. She jokes about her 3 minutes of air time after every episode.

Behind the scenes info can be interesting though. For example, in this episode the main conflict was how dirty the house was. But the pictures that were shown of the house were from the first day in the house when everyone got subway. MTV uses a lot of creative editing so it's interesting to hear about where it occurred.

pixie1216

Rough_Rock
i watch too. i like ryan and chet. i don''t like kaitlyn and sara. kaitlyn is just a mess all around. kaitlyn and sara think they know it all. i don''t think sara is genuine at all. i would love to be a natural blond like chet, except with some eyebrows!
28.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
ooooo Luckystar you offically have a new "job"...keep us totally informed on what is said...oooo, so good!

JD is odd. He is craving the family dynamic...and by his need for such a serious contection, he''s driving people away. All of this blah blah blah "family meeting" stuff is creepy...like hey, you''re roomates, but not family.

And please let Katelynn know...everyone with eyes and ears knew she was transgender.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ckrickett, LMAO...simply...If that happened to me, I''d be obessed with watching her make a fool of herself too!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Luckystar, that definitely makes you cool
10.gif
Lol. You have to keep us updated on the things they say!

Update from me: I just watched this week''s episode and Kaitlyn and Devyn were definitely much more annoying this time than anytime before. So immature. Ryan and Chet are immature in a fun kid-at-heart way, but the girls are just immature in an obnoxious sulky teenager way. Ugh.

I kind of felt bad for Sarah when they cornered her. I feel like she does care that she makes people feel bad, but she gets caught up in the other girls being catty and doesn''t stop herself from being catty with them. I think the guys know she actually cares and they kind of put her on the spot because they could. Like, they were putting her down because she was doing chores for the other girls instead of starting conflict about it. Ok, maybe that''s not the best tactic, but I don''t think they should be making her feel bad for it because that wasn''t really the point! They knew they couldn''t get through to Kaitlyn and Devyn, so they went to the girl who would feel bad.

I also want to point out how it''s kind of ironic that it''s the guys who are neat the girls who are messy. Most women complain that their men won''t clean anything, so it''s kind of funny to see the shoe on the other foot! Women across the country are probably dying to go out with such neat and tidy guys
2.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
If a 55 yr. old middle aged woman recognized her as trans at first sight, please tell her that she, (and her enormous adam''s apple) are NOT capable of fooling anyone
20.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Chet, Ryan, and JD have not come to join the fun, which SUCKS because those are the three I want to talk to the most!

Italia, I totally would give that message to Katelyn for you but I think it would break the rules. It would kind of be like saying that about a transgendered person who posts on here. I bet you many have thought about it though.
21.gif
There have been a couple of times where I've wanted to be like HELLLLLOOOO.

What else? hmmm. After the creepy Sarah/Father storyline, Sarah posted to fill in the blanks about what actually happened between her and her father. I guess BMP/MTV didn't want to air it for fear of a lawsuit since he has never been charged with a crime. She also gives the full story of what happened at the daycare. I don't really want to divulge that here so if you're interested in learning about it just google my username and you can read it there. For some reason I just feel like its her story to tell, although she's already made it public. They usually comment on the episodes they were featured on a lot, so you might have to do a search. I think it was episode 4 or 5?

Devyn claimed that her engagment ring comment from the last episode (about needing it to be bigger) was taken out of context. They do a lot of the "it was taken out of context" or "it was edited" excuses. But if you do watch closely you'll see that when she says that she wasn't in the confessional...it was most likely during her interviews to get into the house, or a follow-up interview to fill up the gaps in the storyline.

Though it looks like Scott is in love with himself, he really doesn't spend all day working out and showing random girls pics of his body. One of the two girls he had over had a boyfriend, and the other girl was just a friend. Also, he claims that THEY were showing him pictures of themselves online as well. They were talking about modeling, not trying to turn each other on. Kind of like networking.

In the episode with Devyn where you hear "Jim" on the phone saying that he wants her to be his girlfriend.....that wasn't Jim. I can't remember who she said it was but it was just edited in there to further develop the "she's playing two guys" storyline.

That's all I can think of so far! I'll be sure to post if I remember anything else.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Episode 9:

Baya was thankful to finally be in an episode. She didn''t appreciate Ryan''s comments about "working harder", but kind of poked fun at the whole thing.

Katelyn said that episodes 10 and 11 are going to be full of drama (or, "douchebaggery").
She is really mad about episode 12 where JD lies about something. She can''t elaborate due to contractual obligations, but will dish once the episode airs.
She hasn''t mentioned a THING about the Chet situation, which is surprising. But I''m sure it''s coming.
9.gif

Someone asked if production didn''t allow Baya to join the conservatory, Katelyn claimed that the opposite was true. That they drilled her about it and asked her if she wanted to be sent home! It was strongly suggested that they get a "job", or be sent home like the guy from last season. Production would pre-clear certain organizations, but the cast got to choose. As long as they did SOMETHING.

What else? Katelyn talking more crap about JD blah blah blah even though he was only in this episode for like a minute and a half...

Devyn chimed in...
Loved her job....was actually the first person to get a job in the house. She also performed with a rock band around nyc. She mentions Chet''s bad jokes about Katelyn......says that he is always making jokes at the expense of others for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results