shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone wanna buy a ring?.....need some help selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
srgone,
My 2c
Stop the scamming and take the 75% and get on with your life.

Tazman282

Rough_Rock
so anybody out there with another .02 in there pocket...

srgone

Rough_Rock
strmrdr, yeah you are a jerk. Dude what are you talking about liars for, I have been completely honest from the day I first posted on this board back in January. Other than the price thing, you find me one part of my E-Bay listing that is false, then go look at all of the other shit that people are trying to sell on E-Bay. Much of what I had in the listing came directly from this site and the helpfull people on it. Why the hell would I offer what I really paid without anyone questioning whether the price that was listed on the site was what I really paid if I was trying to get lie? Everything that I have stated can be proven, jackass. You also don't see me on this board trying to sell the thing just asking for suggestions. Maybe you are ok with losing $1800 without trying to recoup the loss, but I am a little brighter than that. There are a few people on this board that can vouch for my word. If you have nothing of value to add to this thread, then just don't read it or post to it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not going to bother responding to your petty name calling nor am I changing my opinion.
Just because others do something does not make it right.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Since you know you are guaranteed the 75% (which, again, you are lucky to get), you could set your ebay reserve at that price (is it $5400 or did I do the math wrong?) and see if you get more. Anything is possible, and you have nothing to lose with $5400 guaranteed. The lower your reserve price, the more likely people are to bid on it. You should definitely combine your ratings since most people avoid sellers with no feedback.

Again, Ebay is for bargain hunters. Yes, you would probably pay more for your ring at a mall store, but they have a huge overhead of renting expensive retail space in a mall. Again, even a mall store provides service on a ring and the security of working with a place that wants to keep its customers happy. If you are still discontent with the 75%, probably your best bet is to find a friend or relative who trusts you and is not internet savvy himself to buy it from you.

Also, I would avoid saying you paid $10,000 or whatever for it. It's like how mall stores are always having "sales" -- the retail price is a million, trillion dollars, but you can have it for a reasonable half a million, trillion dollars!

You're not the first person who has tried to sell an engagement ring on Ebay for more than he paid for it. I'm not sure what it is about the magic words "retail price" that make people think they got the steal of the century. You did get a good deal, but people who search on Ebay and know about H&A diamonds and Vatche settings are probably just as capable as you are of putting a ring like that together themselves.

Part of it has to do with the appraisal values put on diamond rings. Think about it . . . if you were a poor louse who didn't even get that mall ring that costs a million trillion dollars on "sale," how would you react if your ring appraised for less than you paid for it? It would be your own fault, but still, there would be a lot of unhappy people out there. No one ever actually pays the "retail replacement value," and certainly not the insurance company who would have to replace your ring if lost. But with a high appraisal, everyone is happy -- the consumer who thinks s/he got a steal, the vendor who has room to negotiate below the "retail replacement value," and the insurance co. who gets a premium based on that higher price.

Tazman282

Rough_Rock
I guess you are not up for my offer. I was interested but I guess you aren't to motivated in selling...

DEVO

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 12/8/2003 3:15:31 PM Tazman282 wrote:

I guess you are not up for my offer. I was interested but I guess you aren't to motivated in selling...----------------

try adding in some swear words... then you might get a response.
wavey.gif

srgone

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry Tazman, I didn't see any offer from you. I reponded to all of my PM's. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your suggestions, Phoenixgirl. The reserve I had set on E-Bay was for what I paid, which is really what I ideally ould want, and although it wouldn't be bad, making a profit was not my goal. Now that I think about it I should have done what you suggested and set it to 75% of what I paid. I am in the process of getting my feedback combined, but it is a royal PITA because it is all automated. Not sure if I am going to repost it.

Thanks again.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
SRgone, I've followed this saga from the beginning but haven't commented until now.

Firstly, I'm sorry about your broken engagement. Could spout a lot of pap about how it's better now than after you've said "I do", but you've likely heard it all by now.
1.gif

Secondly - take the money WF is willing to refund you. It's an exceptionally fair policy. And a bird in the bush is worth two in the hand, or something like that. Point being, that ring is worth absolutely nothing sitting on your dresser. And it seems like you're investing a fair amount of time & energy in chasing a very small, fickle, elusive market.

Take the money, and move on. That's what I would do.
1.gif

Best of luck.
1.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
You should cancel the listing and rebid. You'd be surprised how much people will pay for things on Ebay. However, $10,400 is an awful lot for a 1.1 carat, SI1, H, ideal ring. You may get someone to pay $7.2K for it though. Redo the page and you may get better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results