shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone w/ add''l pics of Leon Mege r198

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I love the flower setting of this Leon Mege. Does anyone have additional pics of it? I''m hoping to see what the top view looks like. And what do you guys think of the 12/3/6/9 o''clock prong orientation? On his website, it says it''s an 8ct center stone
30.gif
. Would I still be able to get a similar effect with my 1.3ct?

lm_FLOWER_r198.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve not seen any other views, although it''s similar to the original Tiffany version so you might check out tiffany''s website for some more views. I honestly don''t know that that type of intricate pave work and detail would work on a 1.3. 8 carats is HUGE leaving a ton of room for the design. you can always call or email Leon and ask though.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I know, that ring is gorgeous! I would love to see head on pics of it. It looks like it has 4 double prongs at 3/6/9/12 like you mentioned. Let us know what you find.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I love it and think it would be gorgeous with a 1.3 in my opinion.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry...but I really doubt he can do that with a 1.3. The scale will be soooo off I doubt he will be able to fit all the delicate work onto something that much smaller. But he might be able to do something less intricate but similar...just my opinion though and I''m not him.

He said to me that even the simple solitaire he has (which I was inquiring about for my .81 cushion) would look a LOT different than it does on his website with a 2 carat. So he cautioned me against that and it didn''t even have any pave work on it...

I would certainly call him to make sure though. But know that even if he CAN make it, it will look different scaled down so much.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 9:22:08 AM
Author: neatfreak
Sorry...but I really doubt he can do that with a 1.3. The scale will be soooo off I doubt he will be able to fit all the delicate work onto something that much smaller. But he might be able to do something less intricate but similar...just my opinion though and I''m not him.

He said to me that even the simple solitaire he has (which I was inquiring about for my .81 cushion) would look a LOT different than it does on his website with a 2 carat. So he cautioned me against that and it didn''t even have any pave work on it...

I would certainly call him to make sure though. But know that even if he CAN make it, it will look different scaled down so much.
Melanie611,

You chose a great setting, but I agree with neatfreak, I think it would be lost in translation from 8cts to 1.3cts. Not that 1.3cts is small, just that 8cts is whopping. I also think the setting cost V''s stone cost would be way off for a 1.3ct. Meaning however much that set cost it is a small percentage of the overall cost of the 8ct stone. This is important for me to not think - if I got a plain setting I could have upgraded to ''X''ct.

Keep us informed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results