shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone using the Jewel Jet from Frontgate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cheradrian

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''ve read a lot of good reviews on PS about the original Jewel Jet and I''m in the market for one of my own.

I found a Jewel Jet at Frontgate (http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=17607) that looks just like the original. It''s currently selling for $69.50 and with a promotional code (EB0810F) it comes down to $59.50 plus shipping. That puts it right on par with the used/refurbished models on eBay.

So, anyone wanna share their experience with the Jewel Jet from Frontgate?
Would it be worth it to get this one or would it be better to buy one from eBay?

Thanks.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call them up and check the model?

I think definitely better buy than a refurbished ebay. At least Frontgate is a registered store.

cheradrian

Rough_Rock
Trade
I might give them a call, but at this price, I will probably go ahead and just buy it before it goes back to regular price. Thanks.

crl_md

Rough_Rock
i saw the sale too, and went for it after an afternoon spent reading all the wonderful & helpful reviews on pricescope!! i checked and re-checked and that is definitely the right model. i am thrilled....although, and here is a secret, i am technically a "lady in waiting" but have a hunch things will be happenning verrry soon. :) how funny that i will have the cleaner all ready to go when that happy day comes! i couldnt pass up the price, and found that code too. the grand total with tax and shipping was around $74 i believe for any interested. choice of red or silver!

cheradrian

Rough_Rock
Trade
Just arrived via UPS today and it works great! Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a Jewel Jet at a discount and with a warranty.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I've been wanting one of these...that price is great! I may have to go for it...anymore comments
on how its working? Does it make your stones sparkle?

Edit - Ok, I just ordered it! I'll comment when it gets here and I get a chance to use it!

deniseny73

Rough_Rock
Now that some have received the Jewel Jet from Front Gate is it the same as the Jewel Jet cleaner that is well known? I thought the only color the main jewel jet came in was red but this one comes in 2 colors. Is there a difference? How are your feelings on the one from jewel jet as it appears you can get with free shipping or $10 off.

THANKS!!Frontgate Jewel Jet

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered and received mine. It works great! Looks authentic to me and looks the same as the red
ones I have seen on the internet. I use mine about once a week or whenever I have something
special going on. Here is a pic of mine:

lacjeweljet.jpg

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
I have it in red, looks the same as the one in gray/silver. Does a good job.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I ordered a ionic/jewel jet cleaner from Frontgate last year and I love it!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered the Jewel Jet from Frontgate yesterday. I used the above mentioned code and got the $10. discount. I am excited to get it. I have the SI ultrasonic cleaner and I use it quite often. It works really well for me. It also does a great job on our stainless watch bands (note to self: do NOT fill above fill line marker!).

I look forward to getting the Jewel Jet. Thank you, cheradrian, for your post and promotion code.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
So for those who have the jewel jet, how do you like it so far? Does it clean better than the normal jewelry cleaner with liquid and minibrush? How about in comparison to a sonic cleaner? Do you notice a big difference in cleaning power and how much better it is? I''m thinking of purchasing this in the beginning of the week since I always clean my rings by dropping it in the jewelry cleaner solution before every shower so that my rings will be clean for the day. TIA.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s a good tool and that’s a good price. Avoid the refurbished units. These things DO wear out over time and the savings associated with trading off unknown quality isn’t worth it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

BlingADing

Shiny_Rock
I just got an ultra sonic and I''m waiting for my Jewel Jet. I''ll let you know when I receive the Jewel Jet.

BTW, I love this cheapy CD-2800 unit!
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CD-2800&cpc=SCH

Google "geeks.com coupon" and you''ll usually find one. It''s so petite and cute!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got mine front Frontgate a month ago for the special price (plus use of promotion code) per the link provided by PS. So far, I have used it three times to clean all my diamond jewlery. If I clean my diamonds often with the Jeweljet, I may not need to buy an UC. Just to make sure my diamonds are clean, I clean them with dishwasher detergent or Arm & Hammer toothpaste and a tooth brush before "rinsing" them with the Jeweljet. So far, I am happy with the Jeweljet.

hartntexas

Rough_Rock
I just researched this cleaner at Frontgate; here''s another tip - use code EB091OC for additional $10 off in addition to the EB0810F code previously mentioned for a total off of $20. I couldn''t believe it worked using two coupons with a total incl. shipping $61.50 to IL.
Hope it works now that I have ordered it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have the red version of the JJ, bought for about $100 from Knox Jewelers a few years ago. I do love it.

My only complaint is that it only holds 8 oz. of water to it only blasts the steam for a relatively short period of time before it needs to recharge (not the correct term, but you need to wait a minute or so until it is ready to make steam again). When you are doing a lot of stuff, it can seem to take forever!

And FWIW, I only use distilled water in mine. I heard or read somewhere that it will last a LOT longer if you do that.

chelsea3

Rough_Rock
HartnTexas: Thank you for the coupon codes. I have been wanting to purchase a Jewel Jet and couldn''t resist the savings. I just Ordered the Silver color Jewel Jet which was $69.50 less $20 using the two coupon codes plus $12 shipping for a total of $61.50. . . now that is GREAT bargain! Thanks again
28.gif

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Oh bummer, I just tried to order using the 2 codes and it wouldn''t take both of them. Would only let me enter one.
8.gif

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
I just tried it again on a different computer and got it to take both discounts. I got the same price including shipping to FL. Thanks for sharing those discount codes!!! I can''t wait to get my jewel jet and "play".
36.gif

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Just bumping this up, the Jewel Jet has been marked down to $49 for this week. It must have been in the last day or two because I checked earlier this week and it was still $59.50. If you sign up for their email list, they will give you 10% off, which gets it down to $44.10 + 8.00 shipping = $52.10 to your door. I think this is the cheapest we have seen it! I just ordered mine.

The EB0810F ($10 off $50 or more won''t work) as the item is under $50. Even if you add filler (cheapest I could find was $2.25) to get it over $50, it is not combinable with the 10% off, and shipping jumps to $12.

EB091OC doesn''t seem to work for me.

Volare

Rough_Rock
Sweet deal! Thanks for posting it. Christmas shopping begins!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the red one and love it.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I personally am not a fan. I bought mine about two years ago and have found that it takes about five minutes to heat up and then I only have two to three bursts of steam before I have to wait another two to three min. for it to heat again. I''ve tried giving it a good 10 min. to heat up and it still does the same thing. I use lemon scented lysol floor cleaner, toothbrush and canned air for drying. Works PERFECTLY!

deniseny73

Rough_Rock

jgny

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t tried it but based on the recent input I may try something else besides Jewel Jet. They actually have a promotion now that if you buy $100 of merchandise, you get a certificate for $100 off your next purchase. Pretty good deal.

Here''s the link:

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=6751

Code is GET100

Date: 11/27/2009 9:56:18 PM
Author: deniseny73
I was also going to post the deal but add a comment, I purchased mine mid-September and I am having problems with the button. The button sticks and steam goes all over and then I have to wiggle it to make it start. It is definitely already breaking, so I am contacting them. Has anyone tried the professional jewelry cleaning system?

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=24389&fromNewSearch=true&mercadoResultId=1&nrpAltSearch=false&altText=null

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results