shape
carat
color
clarity

ANYONE used this cutter? (Schumacher, ND)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Newbie333

Rough_Rock
Has anyone used this company before?

Schumacher Diamond Cutters , Inc.

800-654-0456

They are located in Bismrk, ND.

Seem very knowledgable and experienced, By request they send you a glossy brochure that covers all the specs, equipment, reports and tools used to produce the reports.

website is at: http://schumacherdiamond.com

Any feed back from the forum on prices quality, turn around time... greatly appreciated!

Let me know your experiences!

Thanks!

CharlesS

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/17/2003 4:38:51 AM Furthermore wrote:

Newbie, you may notice that the prices quoted - $75/ct, RB, $15 sawing- are 'to the trade' and that Schumacher, quote,

'are a diamond cutting factory for over 4000 major diamond wholesalers, jewelry designers and diamond retailers in the US.'

It may be you`ll find that a large operation such as this won`t touch a small parcel from a private individual. Best bet is to go off and contact your local lapidary society - they`ll be somewhere out there on the web.

Best regards
Furthermore

----------------

Hi there I was doing some research for my site ranking and I came across this post. I felt I had better respond as we are not a huge operation. Actually we have 6 very talented cutters and we cut for anyone who needs it. You do not have to be a big company. We cut for private individuals all the time.
We may cut for over 4000 jewelers but that doesn't mean that we constantly get bombarded with thousands of diamonds from them all the time, it means we have a clientele of about 5000(now) jewelers and they send their diamond repairs to us. We are a rather small company with our total employee count of 9 including the owner. We have never turned down a private party nor will we ever just because they may or may not send us a bunch of work. That is not what we are about. So I hope that you don't mistake us for any other cutters out there that may turn away private individual work as we do not and will not.

Thanks,
Charles Storsved
Site Admin
www.schumacherdiamond.com

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/23/2004 9:43:41 AM CharlesS wrote:

----------------
On 6/17/2003 4:38:51 AM Furthermore wrote:

Hi there I was doing some research for my site ranking and I came across this post. I felt I had better respond as we are not a huge operation. Actually we have 6 very talented cutters and we cut for anyone who needs it. You do not have to be a big company. We cut for private individuals all the time.
We may cut for over 4000 jewelers but that doesn't mean that we constantly get bombarded with thousands of diamonds from them all the time, it means we have a clientele of about 5000(now) jewelers and they send their diamond repairs to us. We are a rather small company with our total employee count of 9 including the owner. We have never turned down a private party nor will we ever just because they may or may not send us a bunch of work. That is not what we are about. So I hope that you don't mistake us for any other cutters out there that may turn away private individual work as we do not and will not.

Thanks,
Charles Storsved
Site Admin
www.schumacherdiamond.com----------------

HI There! & Welcome. Thanks for clarifying this. Hope you can stay around!

CharlesS

Rough_Rock
I sure will. Time permitting of course.
2.gif

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
Wait a sec-

Are you saying you'll recut individual diamonds from individuals? *grins* that old cracked stone might have another life!

What level of control is available on an already cut diamond that, say, someone just wanted the proportions changed?

I'm finding this really interesting
1.gif

CharlesS

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/23/2004 11:38:26 AM purduephotog wrote:

Wait a sec-

Are you saying you'll recut individual diamonds from individuals? *grins* that old cracked stone might have another life!

What level of control is available on an already cut diamond that, say, someone just wanted the proportions changed?

I'm finding this really interesting
1.gif

----------------

Yes we will.

We have no problems with polished stones. We can change proportions to what ever you want(not bigger of course
2.gif
). The only real problems we have is if the stone has any major internal flaws such as a feather or a large inclusion. Those sometimes all though extremely rare can cause a stone to basically explode.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results