shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone use two trilians to get a large marquise look

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have any photos of a ring they''ve used two trilians together to get a large marquise look

Patty

Ideal_Rock
rhr.7.jpg

This is Jennifer''s beautiful new right hand ring. The petals of the flower are two trillians together, not marquises.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful! I want a large marquise look in the center of my wedding set but the really solitare stones are over my budget so I wondered if doing this would look ok. Your look great

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
If you are okay with it, go for it. However, in my opinion, for a solitaire setting it might be very noticeable. I personally do not care for the "2 trillion to make a marquise" or even the "4 small princess to make big princess/emerald cut" look. That is just my opinion though, and should not influence your decision.

If you want a larger marquise you might consider looking at a lot of diamonds with SI2, SI3, or even I1 clarity. I recently purchased a 2.19 carat marquise, F color, with an I1 clarity that has virtually no visible inclusions once it was set. I originally refused to look at I1 stones, actually nothing less that SI1, and was having a hard time finding what I wanted. When I finally agreed to look at lower clarities, I found that some were actually very nice depending on the location of the inclusions. It takes time, but you can definitely find a larger stone within your budget if you are willing to compromise a bit and take the time to look at the diamonds. Just make sure to look at it with your eyes first, before looking under the loupe or scope...otherwise you will know where the inclusions are and you mind will ''think'' you can see them.

Good luck!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2005 12:11
6.gif
7 PM
Author: NyssaLynne
If you are okay with it, go for it. However, in my opinion, for a solitaire setting it might be very noticeable. I personally do not care for the ''2 trillion to make a marquise'' or even the ''4 small princess to make big princess/emerald cut'' look. That is just my opinion though, and should not influence your decision.

If you want a larger marquise you might consider looking at a lot of diamonds with SI2, SI3, or even I1 clarity. I recently purchased a 2.19 carat marquise, F color, with an I1 clarity that has virtually no visible inclusions once it was set. I originally refused to look at I1 stones, actually nothing less that SI1, and was having a hard time finding what I wanted. When I finally agreed to look at lower clarities, I found that some were actually very nice depending on the location of the inclusions. It takes time, but you can definitely find a larger stone within your budget if you are willing to compromise a bit and take the time to look at the diamonds. Just make sure to look at it with your eyes first, before looking under the loupe or scope...otherwise you will know where the inclusions are and you mind will ''think'' you can see them.

Good luck!
I agree with NyssaLynne. Do some legwork and get a nice Si2-I1 stone with your budget and upgrade down the line if you still want a bigger look/stone. I just don''t think the look of several stones put together to "fool" the eye ever really works and just looks...well...tacky. I don''t mean to be rude; this is just my opinion.

1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! This weekend I found a 1.5 solitare that was H I2. I am having it set right now to see how the inclusion look. I paid 2999.99 but with my not so good 1/2 marquise trade I spent 1700.00 out of cash. The color is nice but I can see some frosting on one end and want to see how it sets. I would have never even looked at a I2 but the size, color and price were so nice that I thought I may take a chance.... My jewler said it was a high I2. I ask him what he thought and he tried to get me to trade it right away in his shop. I thought that was odd that he wanted........Give me your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results