shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone upgrade with GOG recently?

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
I’m looking to upgrade my diamond that was purchased from GOG. I upgraded with them about 14 years ago. Not sure if I should pursue another upgrade with them or go elsewhere. Does anyone have any recent experience with them now that Jonathan is no longer there?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they have something you are interested in?

What do you mean by "go elsewhere"? Start from scratch?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a different vendor has exactly what you want to upgrade to, it wouldn't hurt to check if they'd allow you to trade in your current stone.

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
Do they have something you are interested in?

What do you mean by "go elsewhere"? Start from scratch?

They don’t have anything currently in their inventory that I’m interested in. I would start from scratch.

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
If a different vendor has exactly what you want to upgrade to, it wouldn't hurt to check if they'd allow you to trade in your current stone.

I checked with WF and they were not interested in my diamond at this time

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It might be a rough time to upgrade with natural diamond prices falling/fluctuating.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I upgraded my AVR to an AVC a couple of years ago (with a stop on the way with a Solasfera). Worked with Lynda each time who was fabulous and sent me videos as I was exploring three-stone ring dimensions and a simple custom setting. Their online diamond database isn't always the easiest to navigate so I might call.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m looking to upgrade my diamond that was purchased from GOG. I upgraded with them about 14 years ago. Not sure if I should pursue another upgrade with them or go elsewhere. Does anyone have any recent experience with them now that Jonathan is no longer there?

What do you have now and what are you wishing for?

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
What do you have now and what are you wishing for?

I have a RB 1.57 G SI2. Looking for something between 2-2.5ct, E-G in color and nothing lower than a VS2.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sue16 have you asked them (GOG) if they will bring in a stone that fits your specs? I would think that's a big enough jump
to make it worth their while...(my 2 cents, take it for what its worth).

Sue16

Shiny_Rock
@Sue16 have you asked them (GOG) if they will bring in a stone that fits your specs? I would think that's a big enough jump
to make it worth their while...(my 2 cents, take it for what its worth).

I haven’t yet. Still trying to decide what size I really want. This is going to be my final upgrade so I don’t want something too small where DSS sets in, but nothing too big that it doesn’t look right on my finger.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a good time to buy some cheapy CZ practice rings to wear around the house!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of PSers buy cheapy rings in the size we think we might like to help us decide if that's what we want or not.
Works for most people.

For example
2 carat

Edit..ditto @Dreamer_D !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results