shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone upgrade to smaller stone but better quality instead of LARGER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I see alot of upgrades on this site and wondered if any of you have reduce your current size to get a better quality stone verses upgrading the size???? If so did it feel weird to look down and see a smaller size stone? Did you feel better or worse afterwards?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
bump

Patty

Ideal_Rock
LOL. I guess no one here has downsized!

I replaced the diamond in my wedding ring with the same size but better quality. Does that count?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i saw this thread heading, and thought it was an old post, there is a topic exactly like this one that was up not too long ago. there were definitely people in there who said yes to smaller or same size but better quality.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I have no intention of a true "upgrade" (I''m never giving up my original stone, since it was inherited) but my FI has already said he would like to get me another ring in the future that is entirely "his". I know that stone will be 1) better cut vs my omc 2) same or better clarity (SI-1) 3) much higher color than my current M and 4) definitely a smaller ct weight, since I don''t see anything larger than my current 2.21 ct in the future
9.gif

Will it be weird to look down and see a smaller diamond? Maybe...but since cut is key, I bet it will still make me smile!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 12:41:10 PM
Author: Mara
actually i saw this thread heading, and thought it was an old post, there is a topic exactly like this one that was up not too long ago. there were definitely people in there who said yes to smaller or same size but better quality.

mara you''re right. Here''s the old thread

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I would totally be willing to upgrade my stone to a smaller, better cut stone as long as I didn''t have any emotional attachment to the current stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i probably wouldn''t
20.gif
i would just save up so i could get bigger and better
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
And as long as the size difference isn''t too substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results