shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone taking advantage of the BGD sales?

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
I saw the BGD email for cyber Monday deals and I came so so close to purchasing diamonds for a 5 stone ring.
I shook myself out of it at the last second. Got other more important goals to fulfill...
Did anyone get anything? I'd like to live vicariously through other peoples' diamond purchases.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
What's the sale?

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
It started 8am their time at up to 20% off loose diamonds and ring settings with the percentage going down every couple hours.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know which range of diamonds are applicable for the sales?

Since I have been hearing the raves about BGD, I really want to own one! However, I have been trying to purchase their diamonds since Black Friday with no success. :cry2:

Their platform really sucks.There was one phantom diamond (which cannot be removed from the cart), so I had to cart out that phantom diamond if I am going to purchase anything.

Even after I signed up another account, the same thing happened! The phantom diamond cannot be removed, to top it off, their coupon codes did not seem to work too.

The customer support was not helpful; they took a couple of days to reply (imagine all the good coupons I have missed out during the agonizing wait), with no explanation of what happened even after I have taken the effort to provide screengrabs of all my issues and detailed my frustrations faced with the system.

Also, no apologies for the frustrations I experienced for missing out the good part of the Black Friday sales. All I wanted is a simple diamond pendant, is it too much to ask? :doh:

In the end, seeing how terribly upset I was, my husband (a total diamond noob), with the help of James Allen virtual assistants, managed to purchase a good looking Emerald cut ring (thanks PSers for helping us make a really beautiful selection, ❤❤ you all!

Last edited:

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
Sadly, I could not wait for cyber Monday, since my daughter is graduating on December 12th with her master's degree and I needed more lead time. However, I did get to take advantage of their 10% off coupon earlier this month. Her gift is a rose gold twist pendant with a 0.33 I VS2 diamond. It is shipping this week. She is not expecting anything, so she will be really surprised!

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock

Since I have been hearing the raves about BGD, I really want to own one! However, I have been trying to purchase their diamonds since Black Friday with no success. :cry2:

Their platform really sucks.There was one phantom diamond (which cannot be removed from the cart), so I had to cart out that phantom diamond if I am going to purchase anything.

Even after I signed up another account, the same thing happened! The phantom diamond cannot be removed, to top it off, their coupon codes did not seem to work too.

The customer support was not helpful; they took a couple of days to reply (imagine all the good coupons I have missed out during the agonizing wait), with no explanation of what happened even after I have taken the effort to provide screengrabs of all my issues and detailed my frustrations faced with the system.

Also, no apologies for the frustrations I experienced for missing out the good part of the Black Friday sales. All I wanted is a simple diamond pendant, is it too much to ask? :doh:

In the end, seeing how terribly upset I was, my husband (a total diamond noob), with the help of James Allen virtual assistants, managed to purchase a good looking Emerald cut ring (thanks PSers for helping us make a really beautiful selection, ❤❤ you all!

I think I was writing as you were posting. How frustrating for you! I had no problem with the BGD system during my recent online purchase, however I had an existing account from a couple of years ago. I do remember having issues when I made that first purchase. I could not get their online system to work and I ended up calling them to order over the phone. This was not during any sort of special sale, so they had time when I called to fix it for me. I would not have been happy if I had your experience.

You new ring is gorgeous! What a nice husband you have!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I wrote to them earlier this week and they are having problems. They said it was better to contact them directly and they’d be happy to help .

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I think I was writing as you were posting. How frustrating for you! I had no problem with the BGD system during my recent online purchase, however I had an existing account from a couple of years ago. I do remember having issues when I made that first purchase. I could not get their online system to work and I ended up calling them to order over the phone. This was not during any sort of special sale, so they had time when I called to fix it for me. I would not have been happy if I had your experience.

You new ring is gorgeous! What a nice husband you have!

Thank you! I guess seeing me so upset affected his mood too. As I have previously purchased a True Hearts diamond from James Allen, I really, really wanted my next purchase to be from BG.

Again, I tried to apply the coupon again, it is still not working. *haiz*

Last edited:
Reactions: Kya

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I wrote to them earlier this week and they are having problems. They said it was better to contact them directly and they’d be happy to help .

I see! As I am based outside of US, it will mean making an expensive overseas call. I am considering to wait for the next Black Friday sales....next year, since my husband already brought me another ring.

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I see! As I am based outside of US, it will mean making an expensive overseas call. I am considering to wait for the next Black Friday sales....next year, since my husband already brought me another ring.

The person who replied to my report of problems with their site suggested emailing, so you might try that. Use the contact us area. Good luck :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do think there are some issues with the website - just give them a call and they will be on it. Lesley is amazing and so are their diamonds. 20% off is an amazing promotion.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I do think there are some issues with the website - just give them a call and they will be on it. Lesley is amazing and so are their diamonds. 20% off is an amazing promotion.

Is the 20 off still going on though?

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
Oh no that’s terrible :confused2: I didn’t get too far trying to buy - just put some loose diamonds into my cart and then ran away. I agree service can be hit or miss there. I’m glad you found something beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results