shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone seen a .srn or .gem for an ACA or SC around?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Forum post attachment? Online reseller?

Thx.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I''ve generated lots of ACA''s expert selections and SC''s srn''s for clients.

Not sure what good posting them would do?

What is it that you want to see?

Rockdoc

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 10:18:21 PM
Author:stebbo

Thx.

I have both for the stone I just bought. Here''s another stone with both reports.

H&A stone with report

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 11:36:59 PM
Author: RockDoc
I've generated lots of ACA's expert selections and SC's srn's for clients.

Not sure what good posting them would do?

What is it that you want to see?

Rockdoc

Testing some performance metrics and would like to see how some of the known better makes check out.

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 11:37:21 PM
Author: chiefneil
Date: 3/15/2007 10:18:21 PM

Author:stebbo

Thx.

I have both for the stone I just bought. Here''s another stone with both reports.

H&A stone with report

Thanks chiefneil for your effort, but I''m after two brands of stones in particular.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Performance metrics?

Each stone''s results are different, even within the same brand. So just one sample of each "brand" might not be enough for an analysis of performance which the Sarin''s, OGI''s and Helium coomputer files don''t really provide. On ACA may be different from another one. So you need to compare a larger sampling in order to make an analysis.

Maybe I''m not understanding what you really want, but the instruments and or software that measures "performance" would be the AGS PGS software, Diamond Calc, Brillliance Scope, ISEE2, and Imagem.

It sounds like you want an actual scan file rather than the report? I realize you are more technical from your posts. Perhaps, asking Adamasgem ( Marty ) about this is what may be helpful for you, if what I think you want to do is correct. He studied the calculations from scans considering vectors, mesh and a lot more tech stuff.

I''ll try to provide you with what I can, but depending on what you want to do, I may not be allowed to do that in certain situations. ( Licensing limitations of the software, and at least for me, providing data on a client''s report which needs to be confidential.)

Rockdoc

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:04:31 AM
Author: RockDoc
Performance metrics?

Each stone''s results are different, even within the same brand. So just one sample of each ''brand'' might not be enough for an analysis of performance which the Sarin''s, OGI''s and Helium coomputer files don''t really provide. On ACA may be different from another one. So you need to compare a larger sampling in order to make an analysis.

Maybe I''m not understanding what you really want, but the instruments and or software that measures ''performance'' would be the AGS PGS software, Diamond Calc, Brillliance Scope, ISEE2, and Imagem.

Simply trying to gain a deeper understanding of DiamCalc''s light return and (especially) dark zone calculations, and possibly how they might correlate to some of the reflector and light leakage simulations. I''m not looking at forming any conclusions of ACA''s or SC''s, just trying to see a range of stones, these two brands helpful given their known personalities.

I''ll try to provide you with what I can, but depending on what you want to do, I may not be allowed to do that in certain situations. ( Licensing limitations of the software, and at least for me, providing data on a client''s report which needs to be confidential.)

The licensing/confidentiality issues--I was trying to find some past thread or some web vendor having the 3d Sarin or gem online to avoid this.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Maybe John Q will send you .srn files for some stones they have in stock.

Possibly Superb Cert would send you their .stl files ( which I think is the file type for OGI).

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results